Hurricane VS Ranger School

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Kelly-Belly
Tadpole

Hurricane VS Ranger School

Post by Kelly-Belly »

Hey fellas, yet another question from Kelly. Ranger Dis is in the 3rd phase of Ranger School and with the hurricane coming through, what do they do with the students? Do they put the class on pause or do they just drive on through it? I asked some people and they weren't sure, any information would be helpful and as always THANKS AGAIN! :D
Kelly

This should be you...that they call Incredible...
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

What hurricane? Actually someone will be along to answer your question. I was just kidding with ya. 8)
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Kelly-Belly
Tadpole

Post by Kelly-Belly »

Hurricane Frances
Kelly

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Depending on how severe the storm is, it could adversely affect the Florida Phase of Ranger School in a variety of ways.

If it is severe, as in mass flooding and extremely high winds expected, it would adversely affect any planned airborne operations, airmobile movements and waterborne operations. Also, the depth of the swamps would be expected to rise and whatever precautions they take when the swamps are high would be put into place when field operations are resumed.

I would expect they would resort to an alternative training schedule, such as classroom training while the storm is traveling through, and then resume normal field training ops after it passes.

Oh yes, also, all the reptiles in the area will have their daily routines disrupted and there will be far more poisonous snakes, Alligators and Crocodiles (whatever is in the area) on the move also, just waiting for a friendly US Patrol to move through the area so they can defend themselves. :twisted:
Kelly-Belly
Tadpole

Post by Kelly-Belly »

Steadfast wrote:What hurricane? Actually someone will be along to answer your question. I was just kidding with ya. 8)
LOL, HAA! Sarcasm, lol, I can appreciate that one :wink: :lol:
Kelly

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Kelly-Belly
Tadpole

Post by Kelly-Belly »

Oh geez, thanks for the SUPPORT!!! LOL, you know my comfort-level just sky rocketed, haha, meanie...... :wink:
Kelly

Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Dont worry about it KB, Ive been snake bit 4 times in life....didnt kill me. Course, I have severe speech degradation, can't get an erection, the right side of my face droops (kinda like a stroke) and I shit myself frequently in public. Only about 1 or of 2 Ranger students get snake bit.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

Abell9 wrote:Dont worry about it KB, Ive been snake bit 4 times in life....didnt kill me. Course, I have severe speech degradation, can't get an erection, the right side of my face droops (kinda like a stroke) and I shit myself frequently in public. Only about 1 or of 2 Ranger students get snake bit.
That's what caused all that? I still haven't got those stains out of my couch from when you all came up... Now Camp Rudder's right next door to Hurlburt and we didn't worry so much about snake bite as we did them damn 'gator's...

I really hated the 'gator's. Fucking Florida football ruins it for everyone else in college sports. :wink:

Be Safe,
usaftacp
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Abell9 wrote:Dont worry about it KB, Ive been snake bit 4 times in life....didnt kill me. Course, I have severe speech degradation, can't get an erection, the right side of my face droops (kinda like a stroke) and I shit myself frequently in public. Only about 1 or of 2 Ranger students get snake bit.
Hmmmm lets see, isn't Dis number 1!?! :twisted: Hey baby sis, you might want to run out and get'cha some depends on the way out to graduation. You got questions...................WE GOT ANSWERS!!!
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Kelly-Belly
Tadpole

Post by Kelly-Belly »

LOL, you guys are so silly.... :lol:
Kelly

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

The himacane has been downgraded to a Tropical Storm. You can see that the eye of the storm is just above Columbus, Ga. This is a InfraRed Movie of actual storm:

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/HURRLOOPS/huirloop.html

If you look to the lower right hand corner you can see the other storm Ivan, seems to have made an westerly turn.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
the_machine
Tadpole

Post by the_machine »

Spartan wrote:Like this one!

Sweet christ on a crutch.... :shock:

that is a nasty looking fucker.
11-M(B co. 3/15 inf, 24th inf)

Why did I re-enlist?...the scenery changes, the pay is good and i get to play with dynamite.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

the_machine wrote:
Spartan wrote:Like this one!

Sweet christ on a crutch.... :shock:

PS: These things don't taste like Chicken.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
the_machine
Tadpole

Post by the_machine »

Abell9 wrote:
the_machine wrote: Sweet christ on a crutch.... :shock:

PS: These things don't taste like Chicken.

I'll take your word for it Ranger Abell9...but a bottle of Tabasco fixes anything.
11-M(B co. 3/15 inf, 24th inf)

Why did I re-enlist?...the scenery changes, the pay is good and i get to play with dynamite.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”