Checking in from OSUT (RANGER)

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Bek375
Ranger

Checking in from OSUT (RANGER)

Post by Bek375 »

We just finished week 7 of training down here. Like Weidart said in his letter, we are in the same Company, C 2/54. We just did hand grenades and M203's this past week.

Like he said, the PT is definitely not very intense, I try to do as much extra as I can in my free time at night. Although, I think Weidart will agree that my platoon gets smoked a lot more often because of the number of unmotivated people in it.

I've talked to my Drill Sergeants some about getting a slot to Airborne/RIP and I'm pretty optimistic about it, but as of right now I'm still uncommitted. They've said that if I can get a 280 on my PT test I can get a slot, which I should be able to do by the last PT test.

Everything else is going really well, I feel like I'm learning a lot even though I know it's just a basic level of knowledge they are teaching. I'll keep updated on whether or not I am able to get a slot to RIP.

To all of the DEPs and soon to be DEPs on this site, a word of advice: READ and STUDY the information that the Rangers on this site have provided. I tried to read the posts often and I still wish I had spent more time here.

Thanks again Rangers for providing this resource.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Hey CP - if you wait until the last PT test, they are probably going to have everyone assigned by then and it pay be too late. Better aim for a PT test that is a little sooner than the last one.

Thanks for writing and good luck.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Howdy College puke. Good sitrep. You still sound focused, stay that way.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Bell

Post by Bell »

I can't emphasize it enough. Get that Option 40 before signing anything. Then you wouldn't be worrying about any of this.

Drive on and stay focused. Constantly ask and push for that RIP slot. Good luck.

RLTW
Bell
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Use your free time in the evenings and on Sunday to build your PT skills. Get a partner and work on abs, chest, arms, etc. If the Drills will let you, do some evening runs. I actually ran with two Drill Sgts every night when I was in. We had to keep it on the low-down, but we did it.

Thanks for the report. Tell our other troops from the board hello.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.

Return to “Letters from School”