Introduction- Eric

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

boston0550
Future Soldier / Opt40

Re: Introduction- Eric

Post by boston0550 »

Will do so Ranger Sleepy Doc. Thank you
A-co 2/75
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Sleepy Doc wrote:Goddamn cops.... (kidding Jeff, only kidding..) 68W gets my vote. Don't forget to use the "Ranger" thing when addressing the vetted members here. I'm sure you appreciate when people address you as "Officer"
Hater. :D

That's alrite Doc I don't like most of the cops I meet either. Leg Land x 10.

Young Bostonman, I received your PM. Attention to detail will be a huge part of your life should you take this road.

You can thank Ranger Jim, who is a personal friend of mine, and a Retired LTC, for prodding me to allow your existence here to temporarily continue.

With that said, whatever you're doing for PT is obviously not nearly enough. Go to the Physical Fitness forum and read every 'Sticky' and thread that you can. This will help you greatly improve your PT scores, but only if you follow a COA (course of action), and implement one of the improvement plans found there.

Don't think that you know a better way, and that you're in good shape. Trust me, you don't and you're not.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
boston0550
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by boston0550 »

Thank you and Will do Ranger Cams
A-co 2/75
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

boston0550 wrote:Thank you and Will do Ranger Cams
Obviously you are learning that this is not Facebook or any other site. Ranger Cams and I are close. I suggest you use the search feature to learn more about him.
Having said that all our members who have Ranger below their avatar are validated Rangers.
Now tell us more about you. Where do you live; tell us about yourself, where did you go to school and why do you want to be a Ranger? Have you talked to a recruiter? We all want you to be a success. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
boston0550
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by boston0550 »

Roger Ranger Jim, I will get on that.

I currently live outside of Sturbridge, MA. Throughout High School I played baseball and ran track. I went to school at Westfield State University and have a B.S in Criminal Justice. During college I played a year of Baseball. I play all sports for hobbies and just got started rock climbing. I am a very competitive person which I hope will help. Before I became a cop I did some work as an EMT-basic. I am currently doing Crossfit for about 3 months and am hoping to do a competition in December as long as it doesn't interfere with my goals, I am still doing crossfit at night (only one hr) and starting to do Ranger Silverback's push up workout in the morning (This morning). Hopefully this will not be over training, in which case crossfit will just get cut down. Plan on using some of the running plans Ive seen in the Army pt boards and Sunday-funday will either be ruck or long run day.
The search button has been amazing found a lot of my questions has ample answers, also reading the letters from school and Sitreps have been giving me some insight and have been encouraging.
I want to be a Ranger for many reasons, one is for the same purpose of being a Police Officer. I want people to expect more out of me and be held to a higher standard. Also, I want to be pushed to my breaking points and learn that as a person I am capable of far more than originally thought of. Also the simple fact that I want to serve my country and of course, being a part of the brotherhood.
I have talked to a recruiter and I am scheduled to go to MEPS the 13th of this month. Today I am going into Worcester to meet with the Sgt that will be doing my packet for MEPS.
A-co 2/75
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Learn to use paragraph separation so we can actually read your post without getting a headache.
Attention to detail. Again.

As far as people expecting more from you and YOU having to maintain higher standards for societal expectations, thats all good and well if you're doing it for your unit, your family or even yourself. But if you're doing it for society, fuck them. Most people around here are a bunch of whiney fucking liberal pussies of which we should be expecting more from them.

Just be honest with yourself, even if you just want to test your own metal and be a rock-star like badass fucking up Haji's day, always give 110% and never fucking quit, no matter how much it hurts. Everything else will fall into place.

With your EMT background, you already have a good baseline for 68W, that would also be my vote. Ranger Medics are the absolute best in the world. You'll be blown away by the amount of Med training they receive, and how much you'll quickly learn to love the men around you (no homo) and care for them, in and out of the fight.

First chance you get, I suggest going on Amazon and purchasing a book by Dick Couch, "Sua Sponte-The Forging of a Modern Day American Ranger".

It walks you through RASP from Day 01 until graduation with the young men that are enduring it and giving their 100% and then some...
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

boston0550
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by boston0550 »

Ranger Cams,

I apologize about the lack of paragraph separation. I understand what you mean about doing it for you and how our society sucks.

I already purchased the Dick Couch book and have bought the Ranger Medic book also. Bought them on Amazon really cheap. They should be arriving tomorrow.

Thank you again
A-co 2/75
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

boston0550 wrote:Ranger Cams,

I apologize about the lack of paragraph separation. I understand what you mean about doing it for you and how our society sucks.

I already purchased the Dick Couch book and have bought the Ranger Medic book also. Bought them on Amazon really cheap. They should be arriving tomorrow.

Thank you again
Roger that. Good deal. Carry on stud.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

This link may help you sort out what MOS (Military Occupational Specialty) you might want to earn;

https://www.benning.army.mil/tenant/75t ... uiting.htm
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Would have been better if you got the Ranger Medic handbook from North American Rescue. 100% of the profits go to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. No Matter.. Cams is right. Your EMT background will give you a leg up on the 68W. Take it from me; you will get to do everything the infantry guys do, and then some. I always took pride in the fact that I was a better marksman with M-4 and pistol than most of the grunts were. If you are using crossfit to get in shape, great. I would, however, recommend staying away from the competition aspect. Far too much of a chance of injuring yourself.

As much as I hate to give Cams credit a second time, he is also right about the motivation. As long as you are doing it for yourself, that is all that matters. Fuck what everybody else thinks. I have friends that are doing crossfit and try and coerce and shame me into doing it. I laugh at them and say, "yeah, you are in phenomenal shape.. but do that shit every day for 4 years with a ruck and a rifle, then we can talk..." As far as I'm concerned, I don't have to prove shit to anybody because I've done my time on the line. Yeah, I missed jumping into Bagram with the boys, but some of them came home because I taught my brother Rangers how to decompress a chest, or apply an effective dressing.

Not going to wish you good luck, because it sounds like you are ready to make your own. Now, just go do it..
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
boston0550
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by boston0550 »

Ranger Jim and Ranger Sleepy Doc,

Thank you for your responses. I agree, I am the only one that is going to get me through this so it need to be for me. Luck isn't given it's earned.
A-co 2/75
boston0550
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by boston0550 »

Rangers,

I apologize that it has been some time since I last gave an update, all my time as been consumed with work and family issues. I was given two options for my contract; either 68W with no options or 11X with opt 40. I took the 11X opt 40 and I leave for BCT on 20140819. I have a pt test for DEP on Tuesday. I conducted a pt test a couple weeks ago and it was Push Ups: 60 (focused on form), Sit Ups: 72, 2 Mile Run: 12:58, and Pull Ups: 15. I'm hoping that spring will becoming soon and that I can get away from the treadmill and doing some rucking also.
A-co 2/75
boston0550
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by boston0550 »

I apologize to everyone, I'm not very good with online forums. I graduated RASP Class 02-15. I have been assigned to 2nd Batt A Co. We are currently in MLAT week so I apologize for a quick post. All in all, RASP was easy compared to the daily life of Regiment. I'll be sure to put a more in depth post.
A-co 2/75

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”