Introduction- Just an Everyday Regular Normal Guy

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

regularnormalguy
Embryo

Introduction- Just an Everyday Regular Normal Guy

Post by regularnormalguy »

Hello everyone I am Regularnormalguy. I am a college student who is interested in pursuing a carrier in aviation. I am heavily learning towards the Air Force especially the Air National or Reserve. However I do come from an Army family (no Rangers just standard soldiers) and have been interested in Army Aviation as a back up. Mainly the National Guard but I am curious about Active too.

I am also curious about the 160th SOARs (I know only the best fly in the 160th) but I figured since you guys fly with them, you might know someone and perhaps I can get some more info. Plus I am curious about the 75th itself. I know a Ranger well a few years ago and have meet a few others. Compared to the SF or Air Force's PJs that I met, you guys seem more down to earth, more open with your vulgar humor (which I love) and you seem more laid back.

I look forward to meeting with you all.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Introduction- Just an Everyday Regular Normal Guy

Post by cams »

You have clearly done zero research for yourself and have no idea what you're talking about.

Read the rules of the site. We are not 'you guys'.

Pay attention to detail, as a college student I'd expect your post to have at least been proof read before submitting. Attention to detail is very important in the military, more so in the Regiment.

I suggest you do some more research before asking any more questions. Rangers are self starters and not kind to those that come here expecting us to do their work for them. Show some initiative and motivation, watch, listen and learn, and maybe then you'll start to understand.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
regularnormalguy
Embryo

Post by regularnormalguy »

cams wrote:You have clearly done zero research for yourself and have no idea what you're talking about.

Pay attention to detail, as a college student I'd expect your post to have at least been proof read before submitting. Attention to detail is very important in the military, more so in the Regiment.

I suggest you do some more research before asking any more questions. Rangers are self starters and not kind to those that come here expecting us to do their work for them. Show some initiative and motivation, watch, listen and learn, and maybe then you'll start to understand.
I apologize Ranger Cams my mistake.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

regularnormalguy wrote:
cams wrote:You have clearly done zero research for yourself and have no idea what you're talking about.

I apologize Ranger Cams my mistake.
No need to apologize. You came here seeking advice and that's what I gave you. Sound, basic advice on how to get started properly here.

As long as you put in the hard work, you'll always see a hand reaching out to pull you from the mud if you get stuck.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”