New nute introduction- Dylan

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Re: New nute introduction- Dylan

Post by centermass »

As long as you haven't signed anything, you still have leverage if you still want the Opt 40. And if the recruiter knows you're stubborn and won't settle for anything less, you still have the upper hand.

No matter how nice they seem or be, you remain a "Quota."

If you sign something else instead, you just lost all the chips on the table and the pot just went to the recruiter.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

Roger. Out.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
smokeeater1061
Tadpole

Post by smokeeater1061 »

Roger Ranger Centermass, I signed for Infantry ship 20150203. I tried everything in my ability to get an option 40 but none were showing and the ROC would not release one to me. They tried to talk me into being an Airborne Ranger truck driver, Airborne Ranger Cook, Airborne Ranger Etc, but not an OP40 for Infantry, there werent any Op4 either. I will work my way to Ranger Regiment if it takes time it just means I will be better prepared and motivated even more to get there.

If it doesent happen for the term of my contract I will reenlist with Option 5 (CONUS Station of Choice) to come to the 75th Ranger Regiment. Which from the Ranger part of goarmy.com states that I am technically choosing installation of choice but will attend Airborne and RASP upon graduation will be assigned to whichever battalion I selected. If this is incorrect please let me know, I am willing to do the work.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

It's only my opinion but I don't agree with that mentality of "I'll be better prepared after serving x amount of time in leg land and will try again after my initial enlistment."

All that does is give you time to get comfortable in your surroundings and build bad habits. Again, just my humble opinion and I've seen it go the other way several times for those who really do want it. More often than not I'd say the party in question will do his 2-4 yrs in a leg unit and ETS back home.

I'm not trying to bad mouth your decision young man, it's your life ultimately, and I wish you well on your journey. Go kick some ass. Time will tell if we see you back here Inprocessing with a packet in a year or two, if that's the case, your first several beers are on me.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
smokeeater1061
Tadpole

Post by smokeeater1061 »

Roger Ranger Cams !
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

smokeeater1061 wrote:11B Option 40

smokeeater, do you have an 11B Option 40?

Clarify your statement & address whom you speaking to.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
smokeeater1061
Tadpole

Post by smokeeater1061 »

Roger Ranger Steadfast. 11x with no options.
Fuego
Ranger

Post by Fuego »

So, young man shipped yesterday? His signature is MIA, and I didn't even notice.
RC 05-00
A/1/502, 101st Abn 97-98
B/1/501, 172 SIB 98-01
B/2/3, 2ID 01-02
A/3/187, 101st Abn 02-04 (OEF1/OIF1)

USARA - LRR4889 (Life Member)

Shoot low, they're riding Shetlands.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”