New Guy, Sean.

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: New Guy, Sean.

Post by Jim »

seancul55 wrote: My recruiter seems to think that I will not have any issue with my foot that would stop me from getting Airborne, but then again he doesn't know the difference between Ranger School and RASP/Option 40, so that remains to be seen. At least he's a good guy that I've known for years now, and I don't think he'll intentionally screw with me at all. I'll keep you Rangers posted about what happens after the med review, which will probably take a two or three weeks. In the meantime, I am going home for winter break so I'm just going to be working out and trying to watch what I eat over the holidays, as well as filling out all the enlistment paperwork in that big packet they give you. I also have to get my eye doctor to sign a sheet saying my eyes are fine because I wear contacts, which will apparently make the MEPS process much easier.
Merry Christmas! All too many recruiters have no clue about Rangers. Keep us updated on your progress. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

I believe this may be the longest attempt at joining the army that I've ever seen. If it works out good for you for being so persistent.

I fear I'll be dead of old age before this thread runs its course, but If you ever do get in and then fail because you're still not in shape and half stepping on PT then you should punch yourself in the face every ten minutes for the rest of your life.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

cams wrote:I believe this may be the longest attempt at joining the army that I've ever seen. If it works out good for you for being so persistent.

I fear I'll be dead of old age before this thread runs its course, but If you ever do get in and then fail because you're still not in shape and half stepping on PT then you should punch yourself in the face every ten minutes for the rest of your life.
Absolutely concur.

You've been reading my mind.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

cams wrote:I believe this may be the longest attempt at joining the army that I've ever seen. If it works out good for you for being so persistent.

When I wrote my last comment on this thread I was thinking the exact same thing.
Sean, by now you should be in the best shape you have ever been in. You joined over 3 years ago and have received all kinds of help and advice since then. I understand that delays happen in recruiting, but that is no excuse for you not being completely ready by now. Reread my last post and ask yourself, how bad do I want this. RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

seancul55 wrote:Rangers,

I just heard back from my recruiter about MEPS's response to the letter I wrote. They've ordered a consult to be done here in Pittsburgh instead of my having to go all the way back to Boston. We still don't know if I will need a waiver, so hopefully the consult goes well and MEPS doesn't make me get one. Tentatively, I will be going to MEPS for the ASVAB and physical next Thursday/Friday (2/12-2/13). I have no clue what exactly happens with a "consult" and when or where it will be, but I do know I have to pass it before I can swear in. I plan to use the search feature on this site and Google to figure it out. Thanks again.

-Sean

Bravo ManchV, 8 years out of job (MEPS) and still giving out spot on advice for DEPs saving this young man $ for a roundtrip to Boston. Simply by (him) "writing" a letter.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

seancul55 wrote:
Thanks for your time and guidance, Rangers.

-Sean
This is one of the reasons we exist. We want to ensure that the young men who enter the Ranger Regiment are as prepared for service as they possibly can be. Keep us updated on your progress. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

What's wrong with anal probe jokes? You should've rubbed some lipstick around your hoop and spanked your own ass while they did it.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

Bud, you have no idea how "locker room" some of the humor is going to be at absolutely inappropriate times. If that bothered you, hang on.

Sent from my iPhone using rocks and sticks.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”