Option 40

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

masonputnam7
Egg

Option 40

Post by masonputnam7 »

Good evening, I am beginning my recruiting process and am hoping to get an option 40 contract. I know it's often said that recruiters will lie to you to make you join. With that being said I was wondering if you could inform me of something's a recruiter will not tell me or about the option 40 or may not tell me the complete truth about pertaining to the option 40 contract?
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Option 40

Post by Jim »

masonputnam7 wrote:Good evening, I am beginning my recruiting process and am hoping to get an option 40 contract. I know it's often said that recruiters will lie to you to make you join. With that being said I was wondering if you could inform me of something's a recruiter will not tell me or about the option 40 or may not tell me the complete truth about pertaining to the option 40 contract?
Your initial post should be an introduction. Accordingly, I moved your post to the introduction thread. Tell us more about yourself. Where are you from and why do you want to become a Ranger? Try this link; you may find it helpful.

http://www.benning.army.mil/tenant/75th ... uiting.htm
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
masonputnam7
Egg

Post by masonputnam7 »

Thank you for the information. And for the introduction part my name is slim and I'm from South Carolina. I wanted to join the army then when I heard about the rangers and how elite they are I wanted to be the best and the rangers are the army's finest soldiers.
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Welcome Mason, there are a lot of Rangers on this site that can tell you a lot about the recruiting process. How old are you? Remember a Ranger never, ever quits. Once you start this process you must be committed to completing it, no matter what, no matter when, no matter how. Never, ever Quit. RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

masonputnam7 wrote:Thank you for the information. And for the introduction part my name is and I'm from South Carolina. I wanted to join the army then when I heard about the rangers and how elite they are I wanted to be the best and the rangers are the army's finest soldiers.
Where in South Carolina?
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

m7 wrote:Thank you for the information. And for the introduction part my name is and I'm from South Carolina. I wanted to join the army then when I heard about the rangers and how elite they are I wanted to be the best and the rangers are the army's finest soldiers.
You need to read the rules of the site before posting again.

You'll also need an Admin to edit out your full name in plain view, again, part of the rules of the site.

As we have earned the title of Ranger, we'd appreciate it if you'd also capitalize it when used in that form.

Read the rules, you'll find a lot of good info here if you can follow simple instructions that we ask of all visitors.

Good luck.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Ginger
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Ginger »

Welcome Mason!

PM Inbound.