StrongSwiftDurable RASP Prep Question + Intro for myself

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Mason2552
Egg

StrongSwiftDurable RASP Prep Question + Intro for myself

Post by Mason2552 »

Hello,

My name is Robert and I am 16 years old. Since 8th grade I wanted to be a Marine at first, however I wanted to be part of something bigger which is the 75th Ranger Regiment. I am in decent shape and participate in Cross Country. We only run 5k's (3.1 Miles) and the best time I've gotten was 20:51. I have a lot of time for improvement before I can ship off to boot camp and eventually RASP down the road. I need to work on pushups as I can only do 50 in 2 minutes. I can also do 12 chin-ups and do not know my sit-ups in 2 mins. I hope I will make my dream become true and be part of the 75th Ranger Regiment.

Now onto my question, I am looking for a program to help prepare me for RASP. I discovered this one program on a website called "StrongSwiftDurable" that is $50.00. Has anyone ever tried this program out? I cannot find any reviews on this program and I am interested in purchasing it. Thanks and its great to be part of the forums.
"Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit" ~ Vince Lambardi
VIPER--00
Ranger

Re: StrongSwiftDurable RASP Prep Question + Intro for myself

Post by VIPER--00 »

You should first concentrate on graduating High School.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Mason2552 wrote:Hello,

My name is Robert and I am 16 years old. Since 8th grade I wanted to be a Marine at first, however I wanted to be part of something bigger which is the 75th Ranger Regiment. I am in decent shape and participate in Cross Country. We only run 5k's (3.1 Miles) and the best time I've gotten was 20:51. I have a lot of time for improvement before I can ship off to boot camp and eventually RASP down the road. I need to work on pushups as I can only do 50 in 2 minutes. I can also do 12 chin-ups and do not know my sit-ups in 2 mins. I hope I will make my dream become true and be part of the 75th Ranger Regiment.

Now onto my question, I am looking for a program to help prepare me for RASP. I discovered this one program on a website called "StrongSwiftDurable" that is $50.00. Has anyone ever tried this program out? I cannot find any reviews on this program and I am interested in purchasing it. Thanks and its great to be part of the forums.
Welcome Robert, On this site, your initial post is an introduction-- so I moved it here. If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Please tell us more about yourself. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Now do not post again until you have followed my instructions. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ginger
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Ginger »

Welcome Robert!

PM Inbound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11X OPT. 40
SHIP DATE: 20150713

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Mason2552
Egg

Post by Mason2552 »

Jim wrote:
Welcome Robert, On this site, your initial post is an introduction-- so I moved it here. If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Please tell us more about yourself. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Now do not post again until you have followed my instructions. Never, never quit![/quote]

Thank you so much for the quick response, I appreciate it. I am a boxer and train at Renzo Gracie PA MMA, I play Small-Forward for Basketball, and run Cross Country. Most of my family comes from a Military background (mostly Army and Marines) and proud to be the next one in my family to be part of the military. The reason why I decided Army over the Marines is because I mostly want to become an Army Ranger. Not just that though the more schools and opportunities I have with the Army is also something that outweighs Army from Marines in my perspective. Again I'm glad to be part of this site and hopefully I'll become an Army Ranger. Thanks.
"Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit" ~ Vince Lambardi
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

VIPER--00 wrote:You should first concentrate on graduating High School.
Welcome to the site Robert. Your first point of focus has to be on graduating high school, not just graduating, but excelling at it, because a Ranger always excels. Most programs you can buy off of the internet or on TV aren't worth the paper they're wrapped in. If you truly want to be a Ranger, you've come to the right place. The advice you get here will be worth 1000 times more than anything you can buy anywhere else. There are lots of threads here on not just physical fitness, but on all aspects of becoming a Ranger. Remember, a ranger always give everything he's got, every time he gives, at anything he does, and a Ranger never gives up, never gives in, never quits. RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Mason2552 wrote:
Jim wrote:
Welcome Robert, On this site, your initial post is an introduction-- so I moved it here. If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Please tell us more about yourself. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Now do not post again until you have followed my instructions. Never, never quit!
Thank you so much for the quick response, I appreciate it. I am a boxer and train at Renzo Gracie PA MMA, I play Small-Forward for Basketball, and run Cross Country. Most of my family comes from a Military background (mostly Army and Marines) and proud to be the next one in my family to be part of the military. The reason why I decided Army over the Marines is because I mostly want to become an Army Ranger. Not just that though the more schools and opportunities I have with the Army is also something that outweighs Army from Marines in my perspective. Again I'm glad to be part of this site and hopefully I'll become an Army Ranger. Thanks.[/quote]
What part of my instructions did you not understand? Read a lot and post very little.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”