Now it starts

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
the_machine
Tadpole

Post by the_machine »

hit_it wrote:what was you RE code and separation code?
SFC_hit_it...pm coming your way.
11-M(B co. 3/15 inf, 24th inf)

Why did I re-enlist?...the scenery changes, the pay is good and i get to play with dynamite.
the_machine
Tadpole

Post by the_machine »

I just received an emai lupdate from my recruiter and it's going to take anywhere from 14 business days to six weeks for everything to go through!

I figured that I can either sit here and bitch or use the time to my advantage, so here's to stacking the deck in my favor.

Why did I re-enlist?...the scenery changes, the pay is good and i get to play with dynamite.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

actually, i would be leaning more toward the 2 weeks. you only need an RE code waiver. you were not an NCO, were you?

usually grade determinations are what takes so long. the reason being is that they have to accurately track all the NCO's in your old MOS (or another one) and see if you can fit in.

if you can't, you lose a rank. it happens in the case of E-4's too, but not nearly as much.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
the_machine
Tadpole

Post by the_machine »

hit_it wrote:actually, i would be leaning more toward the 2 weeks. you only need an RE code waiver. you were not an NCO, were you?

usually grade determinations are what takes so long. the reason being is that they have to accurately track all the NCO's in your old MOS (or another one) and see if you can fit in.

if you can't, you lose a rank. it happens in the case of E-4's too, but not nearly as much.
I was enlisted, not an NCO. thanks for the info SFC_Hit_it

the_machine
Tadpole

Post by the_machine »

I've finally received the phone call that I've been waiting for over a month for...I go to MEPS Tuesday morning and get everything squared away.....

I can't fucking wait!!!

the_machine
Tadpole

Post by the_machine »

Just to keep you updated, I ship out on 29 sept.

Return to “Recruitment Process”