Home from OSUT

Basic & AIT
MrWesson22
Soldier

Home from OSUT

Post by MrWesson22 »

Well, I graduated, but I'm home on convalescent leave now. I ended up with bilateral sprains and stress fractures in both knees during the training but drove on to finish the Eagle Run, Bayonet, and the rest of my graduation requirements. I graduated 27 Feb, but they kept me around for a couple weeks in Airborne Hold (abn hold sucks!) before sending me home until 9 April. It's nice to have a little R&R, but I can't wait to get back to Ft. Benning and get to Airborne School. I shipped with an 82nd Airborne contract, and I have decided to go there for now. I'll hopefully get a Ranger School slot within a couple years then may put in a 4187 for the 75th after I get my tab. Right now, I'm just taking things one step at a time. I'll worry about all that when it comes. Healing up and getting through jump school are priority right now.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Welcome back Wesson. Good to hear you have a positive attitude and are still driving on.

Disappointed that ya didn't listen to us and get what ya wanted in yer contract the first time. Now deal with it.

Good luck in your future endeavors. Always set the example. Lead the way.

RLTW
Bell
MrWesson22
Soldier

Post by MrWesson22 »

Ranger Bell,
Actually I'm happy with going to the 82nd for now. I believe experience in a line unit will really help me out when and if I attempt to PCS to the 75th. Thanks for all you and the other Rangers on this site do.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Welcome back Wesson. Congratulations on getting this far in the journey thus far, and hope you heal, go back and get what you want. I hope you are following your doctor's instructions while you are supposed to be convalescing.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

The best thing for a bilateral sprain in the joint is to dip it in maiden oil.....Good luck Wesson, let us know how BAC goes.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Yeah, maiden oil but no fries! 8) Get well, heal now!
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

WessonOil-
Glad you made it this far. Nothing wrong with the 82nd...you'll do fine there. Good luck with everything. Now, "Go break a leg!" :twisted:
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
MrWesson22
Soldier

Post by MrWesson22 »

Thanks for all your support. Learning as much as I could from this site before shipping definitely made a difference.

To all you DEPpers, just remember to keep your mouth shut, do what you're told, and NEVER quit. Somebody always has it worse than you do, so when it gets tough, grab your balls and drive the fuck on.
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Eh before I went to MEPS and choose my Ranger contract, my original plan was to get 11xairborne and go to 82nd. I took a DEP field trip up there and man that place rocked, their chow hall is so amazing it was so good.
MrWesson22
Soldier

Post by MrWesson22 »

I go back home to Ft. Benning in the morning. I'm ready to finish this and get back to military life. Thanks for all you do here. I'll post again when I get my jump wings.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Welcome back. 8)
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
MrWesson22
Soldier

Post by MrWesson22 »

Well, unfortunately, my injuries were worse than they thought. I fought it, tried for an MOS change as well as anything else I could think of just to stay in, but it was to no avail. I got med boarded out, and I'm home on PTDY now. My discharge date is 16 Sept. I'm not ready to be a fucking civilian yet, but I just have to get on with my life. At least I left with benefits. Maybe I should have listened to the doctors and followed those profiles.... Naahhh.. I wouldn't even have a blue cord had I done that.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

MrWesson22 wrote:Well, unfortunately, my injuries were worse than they thought. I fought it, tried for an MOS change as well as anything else I could think of just to stay in, but it was to no avail. I got med boarded out, and I'm home on PTDY now. My discharge date is 16 Sept. I'm not ready to be a fucking civilian yet, but I just have to get on with my life. At least I left with benefits. Maybe I should have listened to the doctors and followed those profiles.... Naahhh.. I wouldn't even have a blue cord had I done that.
Sorry to hear that Wesson. Maybe you can elaborate how you got those injuries and let the other DEP's know. In all, how long did you serve Wesson?

BTW, welcome home to armyranger.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
MrWesson22
Soldier

Post by MrWesson22 »

It was just the repeated pounding from constantly running and rucking. I was in shape and active before I came in, but it's still not the same. I was only able to stay in for 10 months.

Edit: To elaborate a bit, there's a difference between hurt and injured. When you're hurt, suck it up and drive on. Everybody's hurt. When you're injured, do what it takes to recover and avoid jeopardizing the rest of your career.

Return to “About OSUT”