Is RASP even possible for me?

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Re: Is RASP even possible for me?

Post by Sleepy Doc »

OK, here is my assessment;

Forget it. You will never make it. Give up now and save yourself a lot of headache and physical pain. You will be miserable.

For the evacuation? You are on your own there, bud. Get a hold of some citrate of magnesia or golightly. They taste foul, but you will shit your pants to the point there is nothing in your bowels.

How about some more info about yourself? Background? Were you live? Any family in the military? Why is being in a Ranger Batt "the contract of your dreams?.."

If your PT is a weak as you say it is, spend an additional year getting more college under your belt, and at the same time work on that PT score. If you want to go in straight to RASP you will meed to be a PT stud walking in the door at Basic. To do anything less is to set yourself up for failure. Having been in similar straits, physical weakness will translate to mental weakness. The two years of college will give you max education points and you will get promoted faster, no matter where you wind up.

Don't be so impatient. Prep yourself well before you go and things will be much, much easier on you. the Ranger Regiment isn't going anywhere.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Looks to me that you have mentally quit before you even started.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

blue_fox wrote:Thank you for an honest assessment, also evacuation was supposed to be evaluation, so yeah not the info I was looking for in regards to that haha. I'm 20, recently moved to Knoxville, and have a good few members in my family that served. My big hero would be my grandfather who served two tours in Vietnam as a helicopter pilot.

Ranger was a contract of my dreams because I feel they are the best of the best in regards to light infantry, so of course I would inspire to be on. Although I would be more than proud to serve as a normal infantryman. Would that be possible by chance if I were to enlist soon and worked for it? I have no major issue with college, but I find myself very miserable there, especially since theres no major that really "calls out" to me.
Young man if you think college is miserable, you truly have no idea what it is that you're asking of yourself by signing an Opt 40 contract. With that in mind and your admittedly weak body, will cause an already weak mind to crumble and quit when faced with even a little pressure put on by a RASP Instructor in Week 01, where most quit. You could be the company PT stud for your cycle in Basic and the RI's will still crush you with their endurance and strength, now imagine if you're the weakest gazelle in the herd? We've all seen that show on Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom bud, it doesn't end well.

As Doc says, give it time man, prepare yourself here, mentally and physically. More college=more rank, more rank=more money, more money=more girls or a nice used car, etc.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

blue_fox wrote:I don't mean miserable as in I hate it there or have a hard time with it. I somewhat enjoy college life, the friends and dorm life and all of that. I'm miserable because the classes are dull, I can pass them barley trying. I'm miserable out of boredom in the classroom.
Well go start getting your fat ass in shape then and quit complaining about it. But don't waste a good slot if you're not ready for it. That's selfish, and Rangers ain't selfish men. They give everything they have, for each other.

Go read the FAQ's and Rules of the site before sharks start circling. Do that first. As in now.
That is your second step. The first one you took yourself by coming here. Toughen up ice cream boy. The funs about to begin.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Blue Fox, If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com in their life journey. Please begin by reading the FAQs as well as selected threads and stickies. Most questions you might have are already addressed. The search feature, located on the top right of this page is your friend. Please self-administer a PT test and post your results on this thread within 72 hours. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Bronco
Quitter

Post by Bronco »

Welcome. PM inbound, blue_fox.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20140715

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

blue_fox wrote:Sharks eh? Been a while since I went fishing.

And thank you everyone for the honest answers, I don't like being bs'ed and you guys avoided that for me big time.

I'm going to take this next year to become as fit and ready as possible, I don't want to give up on trying to make it.
Don't be a smartass. It's not welcome here from newbs, this is not FB, you'll learn that soon enough and you obviously didnt follow my set of instructions either.

Now, you owe the Admins here 50push-ups for starting a second introduction thread. Don't cheat yourself. If you have to with your weak ass body, complete them in sets of 10, and dont stand up until youre done. You wanted help and answers, prove you're worthy of them first.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

blue_fox wrote:Ranger Jim, where should I post the results?
Just as I posted: "...on this thread."
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”