Introduction- Josue

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

NoXcuses
Future Soldier / Opt40

Introduction- Josue

Post by NoXcuses »

Hello Rangers. My name is Josue and I am a 21 yr old senior attending college in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. I will be graduating in May, 2014 with my Bachelors. I would like to first of thank everyone on this site, both Rangers and future Ranger prospects, for the vast amount of information on this site which is very helpful in giving details that I could not find elsewhere. With graduation coming up quick, I finally took the initiative to do what I have been waiting a long time to do and contacted my local recruiter to start my journey of becoming a Ranger. I have been working with my recruiter for two weeks and of course, I made it clear from the start that what I wanted was an 11x option 40. I took my Asvab this past Wednesday and my AFQT was 72. I came into my recruiters office yesterday evening to check and see if any option 40's were available. I was nervous of course since I have heard that getting them is difficult. The recruiter called in to see if any were available since the system was not showing any, and luckily enough one of his old friends answered the phone and he was able to pull an option 40 for me. I head to MEPS next week. My ship date is 20140528.

My passion to become a U.S Army Ranger comes from my desire to become part of an elite group of honorable and strong men who make it their mission to take on the worst the enemy has to offer.I always wanted to be more than just human, more than being just like everyone else and lose myself in the 9-5 daily job routine. To me, becoming a Ranger is what makes me stand out because it is something special that most people aren't cut out for. When I look at the 75th Ranger Regiment I don't see a bunch of men holding guns, but rather see a group of highly trained individuals with the structure and will to face danger and death to get the job done. These men face weeks of hell training, sleep deprivation, and extensive physical and emotional breakdown just to one day awarded the privilege of being part of the Rangers. That is what attracts me. Nothing is guaranteed. If you want to be part of them, then you have to earn it. I feel that the challenge that comes from walking down the path to become a Ranger, no matter how big of a kick in the ass it is, will turn me into a strong person who knows that they earned what they worked hard for. I want the brotherhood that comes from joining the regiment. Knowing that the man to your left and right will watch your back no matter what, even if it means taking a bullet. Now that I secured a 11x Option 40, I can't wait to give it all I have and hopefully join the ranks of the 75th Ranger Regiment. Rangers Lead the Way!

Self-Administered PT test:
Pushups: 70
Sit ups: 64
2-mile run: 15:08
Pull-Ups: 15
11x Option 40
Ship Date: 20140528

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction- Josue

Post by Jim »

Josue, This is as good an introduction as I have seen in while. If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com in their life journey. Please begin by reading the FAQs as well as selected threads and stickies. Most questions you might have are already addressed. The search feature, located on the top right of this page is your friend. You have established a PT baseline that you can build on, so that's out of the way. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Josue.

RLTW!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Bronco
Quitter

Post by Bronco »

Welcome. PM inbound, NoXcuses.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20140715

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome & congrats on securing your Opt40 contract NoXcuses.

PM inbound.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
NoXcuses
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by NoXcuses »

Thank you Ranger Jim, Ranger Steadfast, Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV and Bronco for the warm welcome. It is nice to know that there are others willing to help you along the way! Ranger Jim, I won't ever quit. If I do, then I would be failing myself and others who are supporting me and that is something that I can't do.
11x Option 40

Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

Welcome to the site. You have chosen an ambitious and honorable goal.

Read my message to you in The Mentoring Zone.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
NoXcuses
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by NoXcuses »

I have responded to your post Ranger Lefty.

As requested.
Ranger Jim, as I stated before, I a currently on my fall semester and will be done in May of 2014. I am a criminal justice major and I hope to use my degree later in life. Although I have high goals when it comes to what I hope to accomplish when I am in the military, first of all becoming a Ranger, I do see myself leaving at some point and pursuing a career in a private military security contractor work or other private high risk security work related with the CIA. I currently work assisting and spending time with an individual who has had contact with the justice system before and has a minor learning disability. When I am not spending time with my friends or girlfriend, I enjoy sitting back and watching documentaries on many military related subjects. Especially those with dealing with special forces/operations and the intense training that is done by special operations groups both here in the U.S military and foreign countries. One of my biggest passions is weight lifting. I enjoy the challenges that come from pushing myself to my physical limits and giving it all I have. When it comes to family, I am the oldest child out of 3 and I hope that my achievement that come from school and my professional career inspires my siblings to never settle for anything less than they deserve. I have high ambitions, but hey, good things were not meant to be easy.
11x Option 40

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”