Introduction - Cole

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Hatch22
Future Soldier / Opt40

Introduction - Cole

Post by Hatch22 »

Hello, my name is Cole and I am a college student who has just signed an 11x Opt 40 contract, with a ship date of 30 Dec 2013. Coming from a military family, I have always had a desire to serve, and now is the time. I have been reading this site for some time, without posting, and thought I would create an account. Thank you for your time, Rangers.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20131230

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Hatch22
Future Soldier / Opt40

Re: Introduction - Cole

Post by Hatch22 »

Forgot to include my PT scores. They are as follows...

Push-Ups - 110
Sit-Ups - 96
2 Mile Run - 13:30

My run time needs work, and I know it. Working to get it down to 12:00. Currently 5'8" and 190lbs with low body fat, working to change up my workouts and improve on not only my scores, but also continue to ruck.
11X OPT 40

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome Cole. If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com in their life journey. Please begin by reading the FAQs as well as selected threads and stickies. Answer a few questions: where are you going to school and why do you want to be a Ranger? You have established a strong PT baseline, but you need to add pull-ups to your workout. Most questions you might have are already addressed. The search feature, located on the top right of this page is your friend. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Hatch22
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Hatch22 »

Thank you for your response, Ranger Jim. I will be sure to follow the rules, and continue to utilize the search function before posting.

I was a student at Abilene Christian University, moving back home to Arizona until I leave for OSUT. Due to the amount of credits I have, 48, I will be able to get a promotion to E-3 before I leave.

As for why I wish to be a Ranger, I was raised mostly by my grandfather, a Vietnam vet. He retired as a Colonel in the Air Force, and he, along with my father, instilled a strong sense of patriotism and belief in service since an early age. Due to this, and my desire for a constant challenge in my life, I once dreamt of becoming a SEAL; however, at ACU, I made friends with a guy that just got out of 3rd Batt, as well as a guy who served with 10th SFG for several years as an 18E. After speaking to both of them, the Army, specifically the 75th, seems a much better fit for my personality, as well as the kind of lifestyle I want in the military.

Pull-ups are already an integral part of my workout, and I am able to get 23 if done as part of my PFT (self administered, dead-hang pull-ups). I exercise twice daily, preparing myself to kick ass when it comes to the physical aspect of RASP. I figure that if I am as fit as possible when I show up, all I have to worry about is the mental aspect of training.
11X OPT 40

Bronco
Quitter

Post by Bronco »

Welcome. PM inbound, Hatch22.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20140715

CharlieRanger1FFV