Introduction - Bigglestheman

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Bigglestheman
Embryo

Introduction - Bigglestheman

Post by Bigglestheman »

Hello, I'm Bigglestheman

I am still in high school, but I am planning on getting an 11x Opt40 contract. My grade took the ASVAB last week, and they are going to show us our scores this week or at least that's what they said hope I did good. I have been reading some of the stuff from this site, and the info is well appreciated. I have about 1 3/4 year of school left so I will be using that time to get in shape. I will read a lot more than I will post have to soak up all the information about the Rangers as I can.

Originally, I didn't know what I wanted to do after school and really didn't feel like I was going anywhere after school.Then I ended up becoming interested with the military and remembered reading about the rangers in d-day when I was younger, so I decided to look them up now I want to volunteer. It's something I really want to do, and I have a good feeling about it.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Re: Introduction - Bigglestheman

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome to the site. Your interest in serving as an Army Rangers is appreciated. Be sure to read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome, than you for your desire to serve.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
nightcrawler
US Army Veteran

Post by nightcrawler »

Welcome to the site bigglestheman! Thanks for wanting to serve our great nation which we all here love so much!
Good luck to your future in becoming a Ranger!
Most of all it has been said before and you'll see it even more NEVER QUIT
DUCTI AMORE PATRIAE
"Having Been Led by love of country"
ACO 1-506 INF BN 02-04 Camp Giant
ACO 1-506 INF BN 05-06 Camp Greaves
Currahee
Operation Iraqi Freedom (al-Habbaniyah)
ACO 2-12 INF BN 06-Present Camp Carson
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Baghdad) Al Doura District

All gave some, but some gave all!
RIP Jerimiah J. Veitch
Bigglestheman
Embryo

Post by Bigglestheman »

I thank you all for the positive replies.
Bigglestheman
Embryo

Post by Bigglestheman »

SITREP Rangers

I went to MEPs two weeks ago signed for an 11x didn't get my Opt 40, but I was told to come in the following week to take an airborne physical, and they'll call ROC about the Option 40s I did not get the Opt 40 that day (Suspected I wouldn't oh well). At the moment, I haven't obtained it yet but my future soldier handler told me that they were taking care of it, and I'll get it before I ship.

Of course, I am still preparing and if I don't end up with the Opt 40 before I ship and go the other route. This post by Ranger Cayo helped out a lot about getting a Ranger contract in OSUT /viewtopic.php?f=3&t=55702

Ship date 20130513
Much sooner than I thought.

Thanks for all the information Rangers it was very useful these past two years I've learned a lot. I will make sure to post sitreps when I can.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Bigglestheman wrote:SITREP Rangers

I went to MEPs two weeks ago signed for an 11x didn't get my Opt 40, but I was told to come in the following week to take an airborne physical, and they'll call ROC about the Option 40s I did not get the Opt 40 that day (Suspected I wouldn't oh well). At the moment, I haven't obtained it yet but my future soldier handler told me that they were taking care of it, and I'll get it before I ship.

Of course, I am still preparing and if I don't end up with the Opt 40 before I ship and go the other route. This post by Ranger Cayo helped out a lot about getting a Ranger contract in OSUT /viewtopic.php?f=3&t=55702

Ship date 20130513
Much sooner than I thought.

Thanks for all the information Rangers it was very useful these past two years I've learned a lot. I will make sure to post sitreps when I can.
Please post your PT results on this thread soonest!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Bigglestheman
Embryo

Post by Bigglestheman »

PU: 59
SU: 70
2 mile run: 14:13

An big improvement from what I was getting 3 weeks ago. I'm going keep at it so I can get 300+ before I ship out.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Bigglestheman wrote:PU: 59
SU: 70
2 mile run: 14:13

An big improvement from what I was getting 3 weeks ago. I'm going keep at it so I can get 300+ before I ship out.
OK, so now you have a baseline to build on. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Bigglestheman
Embryo

Post by Bigglestheman »

This will be my last post on ArmyRanger.com as a civilian. Tomorrow I will head up to the Hotel and then on Monday, I will ship out.

I wasn't able to get an Option 40, but i'm not giving up "Surrender is not a Ranger word". So i'm going to have to earn it in OSUT.

The information this site has provided me has helped out a great deal and i've learned a lot about Rangers.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Come back and tell us how you are doing. Start a thread on the letters from school thread. You need to earn your place in the 75th Ranger Regiment. Read the Ranger Creed and begin living it. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”