New Guy

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

aahobbs00
Future Soldier

New Guy

Post by aahobbs00 »

Hello Rangers, and Non_Rangers

This Intro is long over due. My name is Aaron, and i am currently on DEP. To give you a little info on myself. I have always wanted to be a Ranger at the age of 18. i was going to join the ranks of the Army out of high school, but my sister talked me out of it. It wouldn't be for another 13 years till I would go at it again.(Yes, that would make me 31) I processed at MEPS this Monday 20132503.
M recruiters told me they couldn't get me option 40. I new they couldn't so, at MEPS I did the whole gauntlet, Test, Physical,and pick a job. I new what I needed to qualify for a option 40 candidate. I even requested a airborne physical to give me that extra edge.

Now for the bad news, I was granted the Option 40 by the Liaison but I needed to pass the security clearance. I will say I didn't see that coming i wasn't prepared with the info that the security guy needed and he told me he couldn't process it with out it. So I settled on the 11x MOS till I could get the info needed and come back and get it changed, well since I signed my recruiter became less interested. It is a bummer but doesn't mean I am out of the game, I guess i will just have to prove my worth at boot and AIT. Get those slots for Airborne and maybe RASP.

I PT like crazy
push ups are at 65
situps at 55(I know thats low)
2-mile run at 13:00 (dead on)

I hike with a 50 pound ruck ( mainly to get me ready for AIT)
I can maintain a 8 mile a minute pace for 6 miles.

Thanks for readying, may the force be with you.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: New Guy

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Aaron, if you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the young men who pass through armyranger.com on their life journey. Read all the FAQs, as well as the stickies and threads. Most of the questions you may have, are addressed on the search feature, located on the right top of this page. Please post the results of a self-administrated PT test on this thread within 72 hours. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Re: New Guy

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Aaron.

RLTW!!!