Former Navy SEAL Chris Kyle Killed

News of interest to those in the Ranger and Special Operations Community. News is generated and placed here from the front page of ArmyRanger.com

Moderator: Site Admin

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Former Navy SEAL Chris Kyle Killed

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Chris Kyle, a former U.S. Navy SEAL credited with the largest number of confirmed kills, was one of two people fatally shot at a North Texas shooting range Saturday, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Erath County Sheriff Tommy Bryant told the Star-Telegram that Kyle, 38, was shot by a suspected gunman, identified as 25-year-old Eddie Ray Routh, around 3:30 p.m.

Routh allegedly opened fire on the two men before fleeing in a pickup truck belonging to one of the victims, according to the report.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/03/na ... z2JptoDqQs
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Re: Former Navy SEAL Chris Kyle Killed

Post by IEDmagnet »

RIP Warrior, no more pain or loss where you are.
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

TC204 wrote:What a shame, why would someone do that?? Rest In Peace.
You ever go to the range and see the douche bag that knows "everything"? He's the big man there because his "buddy who is a AF load master once saw a Navy SEAL and he said they were pussies."

Then someone comes in and make him look like the douche he is. I believe in the Second Amendment and you have to practice to become good with your weapons and safe for that matter. However, I hate going to the range because of all the assholes like the guy mentioned above.

As much as I hate the anti-gun crowd, I feel that the pro-gun crowd is filled with a lot of people I wouldn't trust with a staple gun. I would support mental health evals for gun owners if they weren't subjective in nature.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Grifter
Ranger

Post by Grifter »

That Makes two of us tough...I actually had a conversation the other day with my Fire chief, a police officer detective (who regularly shoots 3 gun and places) and a female probie of ours who also shoots regularly. Had alot to do with why I dont go shooting very often. Which had everything to do with Cost of ammo, Cost of range time and goofy rules at the private clubs and the number of wack jobs at the un-manned free state range north of here. and my appetite for shooting just goes away.

Last time I was there..about three months ago..we had called a range wide cease fire.. some wack job at the other end of the range starts heaving clays and shooting.

This is the same range..where a few years back the neighbors who moved in fully knowing a range existed there..decided they didnt like the range..so after their petition too close it fell short..they just buried homemade stop stiks in the entrance. Ended up with a whole bunch of pissed off shooters with flatted out trucks.

It almost isnt worth it. Until I can get access to or build my own private shooting site. I just sit here at home doing trigger drills on the wall.
Jan 00-Dec 03
1/75th C-2 / HHC SNOT.
OEF/OIF
RS Class 06-01
Black to Tan Change-over Ranger
MI Glenn English Base of USARA
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

rangertough wrote: I feel that the pro-gun crowd is filled with a lot of people I wouldn't trust with a staple gun.
X2 :!:
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

I would love to know the motivation... besides becoming famous for being a murderer. Unfortunately, with all the 24 hour news hype, this is becoming the main reason for anyone doing the killings anymore.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

ManchuV wrote:Rangertough wrote:

"I feel that the pro-gun crowd is filled with a lot of people I wouldn't trust with a staple gun. I would support mental health evals for gun owners if they weren't subjective in nature."

You mean people like these?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/1 ... _ref=false
BWAHAHAHA...snort...cough...BWAHAHAHA

Exactly

Tough
Rangertough
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

TC204 wrote:Turns out he was helping a USMC veteran with PTSD.
Makes this all the more tragic.

Tough
Rangertough

Return to “Ranger, SOF and Military News”