Introduction - Gordon

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

gord33
Egg

Introduction - Gordon

Post by gord33 »

Hello Rangers, Veterans and current DEP’ers
My name is Gordon and I am 24 years old. I went to college for a couple of semesters, but due to finances I had to go into the workforce. I’ve always wanted to join the military but my weight has kept me from enlisting.

About a year ago, I started to train with my friend who was a Ranger in the 1/75 Ranger Regiment so that I could lose the weight to enlist. I have a wife and three girls and I knew that I needed to do this not only for me but for them. Diet and exercise became my main priority.

My friend got me into Crossfit, as he is a certified trainer, and he also introduced me to paleo. I started losing weight and inches almost instantly. He had seen how dedicated I was to losing the weight and enlisting so he referred me to his friend who was also a Ranger and now is a recruiter. I was excited that he had a good friend as a recruiter because then I knew I could trust him and he would be straight forward and honest with me.

I have lost a little over 70lbs and I am in the best shape of my life, and I can only keep getting better. I am still about 30 pounds over my max weight, but I am within a half an inch from meeting the tape test requirements. I have been in frequent contact with my recruiter and I have already filled out all of my paperwork that they need before I go to MEPS. I have a meeting this week with the recruiter to see if I will make the tape test so they can schedule my appointment.

I push myself as far as I physically and mentally can, and then I push some more. I work hard, and that is why I want to become a Ranger. I want to be around individuals like myself, people who strive to be better than average and not just achieve the minimal standards, people that will push themselves to the limit and then push some more. I also want to be a part of the community, where I know everyone and everyone knows me. That sense of “family” and “brotherhood” is important.

As I stated previously, I am meeting with the recruiter this week to see if I will make tape. I will also be self-administering the PT test this week and I will post my results.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Gordon

Post by Jim »

Welcome Gordon. Post your PT scores on this thread. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Gordon.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
gord33
Egg

Post by gord33 »

APFT scores

Pushups: 52
Situps: 58
2 mile run: 15:04
gord33
Egg

Post by gord33 »

Sorry forgot to say, I met with my recruiter today. He taped me yet again, said that I am in the same boat i was in last time. Could be due to the extra skin i have from my weight loss. He also told me that he tapes me "worst case scenario" meaning not around my navel. He told me that the people who will be taping me at MEPS do NOT tape around the navel.

Return to “Introduction Archive”