Navy Seal writes book on Bin Laden Raid

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
AIRBORNEVET
US Army Veteran

Navy Seal writes book on Bin Laden Raid

Post by AIRBORNEVET »

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/nav ... 16211.html

Doesn't do much for the Quiet Professional label the SOF community tries to project. Not really surprised though considering the unit.
Father of a current 3/75 Warrior
18C20 1993-1996 1SFG(A) Ft. Lewis, Washington 1993-1996
Special Forces Engineer Sergeant Course 29/Jun/92-18/Dec/92
SFAS Class 2-92
U.S. Army Airborne School 1991
Re-enlist as 18X 1991
1985-1987 12C Co. E 23rd Engineer Battalion Hanau, Germany

"Admit nothing, Deny everything, Make counter-accusations"
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Navy Seal writes book on Bin Laden Raid

Post by Jim »

The SEALs and MARSOF don't subscribe to the "Quiet Professional" format.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Gonna be interesting to see if his work passes the sniff test seeing how no one from any of the respective agencies has signed off on it.

Also interesting is the timing and conflict with the SEAL message recently made about leaks and unauthorized disclosures.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

From another site:
Ranger and SF buds, Let me get this right so someone please help me. Retired Navy Seals from the GOP, slam the President for leaking vital Intel info about the Osama Bid Laden Raid. The Navy Seals make a movie with real navy Seals as actors doing real Navy Seal Tactics , weaponary and equipment and various transportation means. Please go on you tube I counted no less than 20 different You tube movies about navy Seals and the training and weaponary and modes of infil. A new book written about the raid by a SEAL TEAM SIX MEMBER who was on the raid, telling all, and not vetted or approved by SOCOM. Fox news outs the Seal Team Six members name and town where he lives. Now what was this the SEALS and FOX NEWS were saying about OPSEC!!!!
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

rgrokelley wrote:From another site:
Ranger and SF buds, Let me get this right so someone please help me. Retired Navy Seals from the GOP, slam the President for leaking vital Intel info about the Osama Bid Laden Raid. The Navy Seals make a movie with real navy Seals as actors doing real Navy Seal Tactics , weaponary and equipment and various transportation means. Please go on you tube I counted no less than 20 different You tube movies about navy Seals and the training and weaponary and modes of infil. A new book written about the raid by a SEAL TEAM SIX MEMBER who was on the raid, telling all, and not vetted or approved by SOCOM. Fox news outs the Seal Team Six members name and town where he lives. Now what was this the SEALS and FOX NEWS were saying about OPSEC!!!!
I read this when it was posted it and he definitely has a point. Regardless of the action of others, still doesn't make it right or justify it. But, I guess the main point is if they're going to go after him, the others need to held accountable as well.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
AIRBORNEVET
US Army Veteran

Post by AIRBORNEVET »

I would be interested to hear what the United States Special Operations Command Commander has to say about one of his boys doing this seeing as how it's currently a former SEAL. In my opinion I think it's why they were the entity that was chosen to do the Bin Laden deed. In the interest of fairness though I'm sure he who commands there is gonna ensure the unit they came from prove their worth and get high priority missions while in command. The last two United States Special Operations Command USSOCOM Commanders were ex Seals and Admirals does anyone know how they decide who the Commander is? I originally thought they maybe rotated through the services but this does not appear to be the case.
Father of a current 3/75 Warrior
18C20 1993-1996 1SFG(A) Ft. Lewis, Washington 1993-1996
Special Forces Engineer Sergeant Course 29/Jun/92-18/Dec/92
SFAS Class 2-92
U.S. Army Airborne School 1991
Re-enlist as 18X 1991
1985-1987 12C Co. E 23rd Engineer Battalion Hanau, Germany

"Admit nothing, Deny everything, Make counter-accusations"

Return to “The News Dump”