Random thought of the moment.

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Re: Random thought of the moment.

Post by IEDmagnet »

Lunch wrote:
IEDmagnet wrote:
Lunch wrote:Please be advised that I learned today that the Good Idea Fairy will be working for me for the next 1-2 weeks.

BTW- If you're reading this Connor:

Do pushups.
Usually the good idea fairy can be killed if you place a hand grenade under a pillow in the spare bedroom. Pin pulled of course.
Um, okay- I don't know how that would work since he's camping out at the project site about 30 miles from here, but I'll give it a shot. Should I open my windows first or anything like that?
30 miles away? Nah...your Windows are fine. And fuck the over pressure in his tent.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

If one more pt failure or school house recycle mockingly refers to me or the other volunteers as "Ranger so-and-so" i may just lose my cool. Half of these guys dont know or care what the difference between a bandage and a dressing is and are going to wind up killing patients if the army lets them into a line unit.
Mentee to Ranger K.Ingraham

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

NeverSayDie wrote:If one more pt failure or school house recycle mockingly refers to me or the other volunteers as "Ranger so-and-so" i may just lose my cool. Half of these guys dont know or care what the difference between a bandage and a dressing is and are going to wind up killing patients if the army lets them into a line unit.
Elaborate please.
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

Rangertough,

We've all been lucky enough to wind up in a company that does decent pt and holds an academic standard higher than the army's. Our instructors with a few exceptions are excellent instructors that are passionate about what they teach. However the most of the guys here, just don't get it. They've seen entire slide shows of the patients our instructor treated in 05 in a burn unit, but it still hasn't clicked for them that right after they graduate they could be standing in front of the same thing and be expected to fix it. Somewhere around a fifth are outright failing, another 15% can't pass a pt test and the majority of the ones not in those two categories are just studying or working hard enough to get that weekend pass. So there's this whole culture of mediocrity and those of us that volunteered for RASP are constantly catching shit and smart remarks out of the sides of someones mouth and its starting to piss me off.
Mentee to Ranger K.Ingraham

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

NeverSayDie wrote:Rangertough,

We've all been lucky enough to wind up in a company that does decent pt and holds an academic standard higher than the army's. Our instructors with a few exceptions are excellent instructors that are passionate about what they teach. However the most of the guys here, just don't get it. They've seen entire slide shows of the patients our instructor treated in 05 in a burn unit, but it still hasn't clicked for them that right after they graduate they could be standing in front of the same thing and be expected to fix it. Somewhere around a fifth are outright failing, another 15% can't pass a pt test and the majority of the ones not in those two categories are just studying or working hard enough to get that weekend pass. So there's this whole culture of mediocrity and those of us that volunteered for RASP are constantly catching shit and smart remarks out of the sides of someones mouth and its starting to piss me off.
Get used to this behavior from Soldiers outside the Regiment. These are the same assclowns that will tell you "I could have been a Ranger but I wasn't crazy." or something equally as asinine.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

And know that their behavior is rooted in jealousy and envy. Because they either know already, or suspect, that they'll never be man enough to achieve it, and aren't mature enough to recognize and accept their limitations.

Ignore them, for they truly mean less than northing. Or take pleasure in knowing that they deserve nothing less than contempt. Just don't engage them, don't let them derail your path.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

KW Driver wrote:And know that their behavior is rooted in jealousy and envy. Because they either know already, or suspect, that they'll never be man enough to achieve it, and aren't mature enough to recognize and accept their limitations.

Ignore them, for they truly mean less than northing. Or take pleasure in knowing that they deserve nothing less than contempt. Just don't engage them, don't let them derail your path.
Amen! Remember the words of Teddy Roosevelt. Never, never quit.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

NSD, remind yourself of the wisdom and advice shared here by these men, they are experienced and dedicated Ranger Warriors. Leave the weak behind you, and do not get caught up in their nonsense, your Instructors are also experienced warriors, they know who is giving 100% and then some, and who is a slackerd and corner cutter. Drive on to your objective.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training."

Archilochus, Greek Soldier, Poet, c. 650 BC
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Saw this on a friends profle today and laughed

Of course Santa is jolly...... He knows where all the naughty girls live

for a Ranger it should read

Of course a Ranger is jolly..... He knows where all the naughty girls live

and most importantly.... those girls know how to dispense medicine
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Sabine Schmitz sure can drive....
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

An old prospector shuffled into the town of El Indio, Texas leading a tired old mule. The old man headed straight for the only saloon in town, to clear his
parched throat. He walked up to the saloon and tied his old mule to the hitch rail.

As he stood there, brushing some of the dust from his face and clothes, a young gunslinger stepped out of the saloon with
a gun in one hand and a bottle of whiskey in the other.

The young gunslinger looked at the old man and laughed, saying, "Hey old man, can you dance?"

The old man looked up at the
gunslinger and said, "No son,
I don't dance... never really
wanted to."

A crowd had gathered as the
gunslinger grinned and said, "Well, you old fool, you're gonna dance now!" and started shooting at the old man's feet.
The old prospector, not wanting to get a toe blown off, started hopping around like a flea on a hot skillet. Everybody standing around was laughing.

When his last bullet had been fired, the young gunslinger, still laughing, holstered his gun and turned around to go back into the saloon.

The old man turned to his pack
mule, pulled out a double-barreled 12 gauge shotgun and cocked both hammers. The loud clicks carried clearly through the desert air. The crowd stopped laughing immediately.

The young gunslinger heard the sounds too, and he turned around very slowly. The silence was deafening. The crowd watched as the young gunman stared at the old timer and the large gaping holes of those twin 12gauge barrels. The barrels of the shotgun never wavered in the old man's hands, as he quietly said; "Son, have you ever kissed a mule's ass?"

The gunslinger swallowed hard and said, "No sir... but...but I've always wanted to."

There are a few lessons for all of us here:

*Don't be arrogant.
*Don't waste ammunition.
*Whiskey makes you think you're smarter than you are.
*Always make sure you know who is in control.
*And finally, don't fuck around with old folks; they didn't get old by being stupid.

I just love a story with a happy
ending, don't you?
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”