Intro SPC

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Medic1
Egg

Intro SPC

Post by Medic1 »

Hello Rangers
I am SPC (name is a PERSEC Violation - read FAQ's) i am currently a medic stationed at Ft Carson Colorado in the 704th BSB 4BCT 4ID i am currently talking to a 75th Ranger Regiment recruiter and working on completing my RASP application packet. I joined the army expecting a higher level or discipline and morale and have not been satisfied up to this point. I have felt myself become lazy and lacking the motivation i had when i first joined and went through Basic and AIT I want to push myself to be a better soldier and a better medic. I need something more and after talking to the recruiter here on my post im pretty confident i have found what im looking for in being a ranger . I have joined this website hoping to get a few answers to some questions specific to my MOS and people with families that the recruiter could not answer for me because he is not a medic and he does not have a family.

Thank you for allowing me to join
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Intro SPC

Post by Jim »

Welcome. Pay attention to details. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Re: Intro SPC

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Tell ya' what, sport.. If you want to be a better medic, that certainly is one way to do it. Understand this; it will seem like you are drinking form a fire-hose. Not to discount any of your accomplishments up to this point (and I do thank you for your service to date..) but having been in similar straits, you will find out that you know have learned NOTHING about how to do the job to their standard. You will have to re-learn everything you have been taught already. Not saying this is good or bad, its just how it is. If you can stand being treated like a right out of the box FNG again, then go for it and don't look back. The reward is very much worth it. Strap yourself in, and enjoy the ride!
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Intro SPC

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Medic1.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Steadfast