Draft McDonnell?

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
RangerX
Ranger

Draft McDonnell?

Post by RangerX »

Draft McDonnell? This could be first election in 80 years with no military service on either ticket

The last time a presidential election was held in which neither ticket included a former military service member, the Chicago Cubs had just played in the World Series, Al Capone was furnishing his prison cell, and a gallon of gas cost a dime.

For the first time in decades, it could happen again.

Full Story
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Re: Draft McDonnell?

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Such an important election and no one to vote for ........
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Troglodyte
Ranger

Re: Draft McDonnell?

Post by Troglodyte »

You lack perspective. As the Republican author of Romneycare and presumptive nominee for President put it, his sons served their country by working to get him the Presidency. I am guessing he served his country by raking in cash as a gifted investor.

Remember, only about 33% of Americans even meet the standards to serve in the military, and only one in ten of those is man or woman enough to take up the challenge, so, 3% of the population.

It is a shame that our political class is drawn from the bottom 97%, but there you have it.

I guess I lack perspective too.

Trog
Ranger Class 1-90
5-87 Infantry, Panama 1995-96
Advisor to 1st Brigade, 1st Iraqi Division (Iraqi Intervention Force), Iraq, 2004-05
508th Parachute Infantry Regiment 2011-13
Advisor to Maiwand District Governor & District Police Force, Afghanistan, 2012

US Army 1983 - 2015

Return to “The News Dump”