Hong Kong Terror Alerts

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Hong Kong Terror Alerts

Post by hobbit »

I got an e-mail from a Hong Kong electronics parts vendor last night apologizing for the fact that an order I placed with him for 20 gold-plated audio banana plugs, would probably be delayed by up to three weeks. He's an e-bay vendor whom I trust -one I've done business with half a dozen times. He told me the Hong Kong Airport security authority is inspecting all outbound packages now, which can add an 18-22 day delay on top of the 10 days it normally takes US residents to get e-bay orders from Hong Kong. There's been a profusion of packages containing potential bomb-making devices leaving Hong Kong of late, destined to the nastier parts of the third world where murder-by-suicide-bomb is a daily occurrence. So if you plan on using e-bay, make sure you check the product source. If it's Hong Kong, expect one month shipping times.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Hong Kong Terror Alerts

Post by hobbit »

TC204 wrote:There's a lot of Ebayers from Hong Kong! I bought a dozen cassettes for a Tascam ADAT machine and they were here in 10 days, I was surprised.
Cool. I'll e-mail Hong Kong and tell them I have it on good authority that everything is OK now.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein

Return to “The News Dump”