New Dep Intro

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

REMF
Embryo

Post by REMF »

Just a minor intel pansy nitpick here:

Counterintel is part of MI branch. You could branch MI, and then go Analytical, Imagery, CI/Linguistic, or Signals Intel.

I'd stay away from analysis. I do it, and to a certian extent it's enjoyable, but thats mainly due to being assigned to an SF battalion. However, even at the most 'in the dirt' level for an analyst I do an asswad of powerpoint and fluff paperwork for Officers.

Counterintel is where it's at IMHO. It has the most potential to actually DO something (at least at the officer level)

If you go enlisted SIGINT would be very rewarding as well, provided you're lucky/good enough to get assigned to a SOT-A (forward SIGINT collection asset team, rolls out with SOF teams). SIGINT officers pretty much sit up at NSA in a steel hole and look at charts...

Heh, by the way, welcome and good luck with your future. BTW, please don't be one of those bastard MI officers who doesn't think his NCOs are capable of solid analysis :)
Bell

Post by Bell »

Welcome.

RLTW
Bell
Daniel_Boone
Paratrooper

Post by Daniel_Boone »

Welcome and good luck.
C Co. 3/505 PIR 4/87-10/89
A Co. 1/82nd Avn Reg. 10/89-4/90
C Co. 3/505 PIR 4/90-6/92