Opt. 40 update

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
goon175
Ranger

Re: Opt. 40 update

Post by goon175 »

TONS of Opt. 40's on the system today....the past couple of weeks there have been more opt. 40's than the past 6 months combined. If you guys that are looking for a contract aren't getting it now....I don't know what to tell ya...
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
broncowm
Embryo

Post by broncowm »

Ranger goon175:

50 pushups knocked out per PerryB for your assistance by my son...DEP 11x opt 40

Thanks again to you, PerryB, and all the other Rangers that make this site what it is.

Gig/em
"You are never beaten until you admit it"
LTG George S. Patton
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

Not that I saw.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
Texas_stud
Embryo

Post by Texas_stud »

Ranger Goon175, Thank you this is really helpful.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Joel_mairena wrote:Ranger Goon175, Thank you this is really helpful.
Your initial post on armyranger.com should have been an intriduction. Please post it in the introduction thread. Now!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Texas_stud
Embryo

Post by Texas_stud »

Ranger Jim
I did! it was the very first thing i did.
Its under Introduction-Joel. Is it not showing?
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Joel_mairena wrote:Ranger Jim
I did! it was the very first thing i did.
Its under Introduction-Joel. Is it not showing?
It is showing and I welcomed you.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
starbuck6264
Embryo

Post by starbuck6264 »

Good Moring RANGERS. RANGER Goon175 thanks for taking the time to keep us wannbe’s appraised of what is available, which brings me to this post. I have been trying to reserve an opt 40 since August of last year. My scores were very good (93 AFQT and GT 130) and I received all 1’s on the PULHES from the doc at MEPS, I am 25, and in very good shape (although, every day I strive to be faster than yesterday and slower then tomorrow). I have been tracking this thread religiously and every time RANGER Goon175 made a post saying _______opt 40’s are available I called my recruiter. Who would in turn call the ROC and try to reserve a job. Only to be told, that there were not any available. Now there is something about this that just does not make since to me. I called my recruiter within 30 to 45 min of RANGER Goon175 posts, and still I do not have a job even though there were over 200 just a week ago. If a guy who already has a contract is able to renegotiate why can my recruiter not pull anything? Last November I discovered that my recruiter had been sandbagging me, I was a walk in and he figured he could sign me anytime. So I fired him and got a new recruiter. However, now I am starting to wonder again. Every time I call they tell me that they are calling every day and that there are just no opt 40’s. I know that is not true as there have been over 200 dropped in the last 3 weeks alone. So, are any of you willing to try and help me out? I want this bad, and have been waiting and training for it for months now. Any advice is appreciated, knocking out 80.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

starbuck6264 wrote:Good Moring RANGERS. RANGER Goon175 thanks for taking the time to keep us wannbe’s appraised of what is available, which brings me to this post. I have been trying to reserve an opt 40 since August of last year. My scores were very good (93 AFQT and GT 130) and I received all 1’s on the PULHES from the doc at MEPS, I am 25, and in very good shape (although, every day I strive to be faster than yesterday and slower then tomorrow). I have been tracking this thread religiously and every time RANGER Goon175 made a post saying _______opt 40’s are available I called my recruiter. Who would in turn call the ROC and try to reserve a job. Only to be told, that there were not any available. Now there is something about this that just does not make since to me. I called my recruiter within 30 to 45 min of RANGER Goon175 posts, and still I do not have a job even though there were over 200 just a week ago. If a guy who already has a contract is able to renegotiate why can my recruiter not pull anything? Last November I discovered that my recruiter had been sandbagging me, I was a walk in and he figured he could sign me anytime. So I fired him and got a new recruiter. However, now I am starting to wonder again. Every time I call they tell me that they are calling every day and that there are just no opt 40’s. I know that is not true as there have been over 200 dropped in the last 3 weeks alone. So, are any of you willing to try and help me out? I want this bad, and have been waiting and training for it for months now. Any advice is appreciated, knocking out 80.
Where are you located?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
starbuck6264
Embryo

Post by starbuck6264 »

RANGER Jim, I am located in Hunstville AL
PerryB
Recruiting for the Darkside

Post by PerryB »

starbuch6264, I did not look at your earlier post. So excuse the question but are you a high school graduate? I work at the Houston meps and we are as Ranger goon175 has stated seeing a lot of option 40s request system. If you recruiters cannot reserve the option 40 themselves then go to the meps and see if the guidance counselor can reserve a slot for you. I cannot really say why they cannot obtain a option 40 but waiting since August of last year is hard to believe. Good luck and if you keep running in to issues send me a PM and I will contact your meps for you and find out why they cannot secure you a option 40.

Perryb
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

I cannot really say why they cannot obtain a option 40
I can. They are dirtbag recruiters who aren't doing what they say they are doing.

You are an awesome resource on this forum PerryB, thanks for all the help with these guy. Having a guidance counselor here to clear stuff up is good stuff!
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
starbuck6264
Embryo

Post by starbuck6264 »

PerryB - Yes sir, I am a high school graduate, Getting off work to go to MEPS is difficult. I work for the Defense Intelligence Agency on Redstone Arsenal and there are not very many of us that do what I do. I have called the guidance counselors at my local MEPS station 2 different times and so far no one has been willing to talk to me over the phone. They just say "come up," however, I can’t just drop everything and take a day off every week or two in the hopes that they might be able to pull something for me once I get there. I will try to call them again this afternoon, who knows maybe the third time will really be the charm. If not then I will PM you with their contact information. And just as a FYI I do not have a criminal record and there is nothing that should be preventing me from getting this. I have no waivers or anything like that In fact I have a Top Secret clearance.

Return to “Recruitment Process”