INTRODUCTION: Jade

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: INTRODUCTION: Jade

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome Jade & thank you for your introduction.

Good luck in your endeavors.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

TheWriteStory wrote:Wow! I apologize for not being more clear, ZoneIV. I assure you, I meant no disrespect. I understand and agree with all that you said. Yes, my character does start out as a bit of a loner - because a story arc is required for any good story - but he is also a fierce protector, a loyal friend. He is strong yet filled with a misplaced guilt that he overcomes by the end. He is misunderstood by his neighbours because they have no way of truly knowing what he went through. I came on this site to try to get to know some Rangers a bit so I can show proper respect in my story, while still having that important character arc, but also to ask about popular slang/sayings, favourite sidearms, what defensive/offensive tactics one might resort to in certain situations, etc. I will not be basing my character on any one person I meet on here, every story is different and personal and I would never presume to understand what it is like in any war torn country. The very fact that I don't know what it's like is thanks to the soldiers fighting overseas. And I appreciate the sacrifices each and every one of you has made.
Sounds like one of several Clint Eastwood films.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

INTRODUCTION: Jade

Post by KW Driver »

And I mean no disrespect, and it's not a lock on you personally Jade.

You want to know what it's like? Join and find out for yourself. Embed for months or a year and play anthropologist.

Otherwise, despite your best intents, you won't even scratch the surface of who we are.

And most of us who've interacted with the media in general, and writers who've come by asking the same thing, end up disappointed by the result.

So good luck, but don't be surprised if you don't get much of a response.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

KW Driver wrote:And I mean no disrespect, and it's not a lock on you personally Jade.

You want to know what it's like? Join and find out for yourself. Embed for months or a year and play anthropologist.

Otherwise, despite your best intents, you won't even scratch the surface of who we are.

And most of us who've interacted with the media in general, and writers who've come by asking the same thing, end up disappointed by the result.

So good luck, but don't be surprised if you don't get much of a response.
Word.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “Introduction Archive”