SITREP - FlyersFan31

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
FlyersFan31
Egg

SITREP - FlyersFan31

Post by FlyersFan31 »

Sitrep: Recruiting Issues

Rangers, the recruiting process has been fairly frustrating thus far, but I'm slowly making progress and it seems to be picking up. There are two things that stand out to me as just not right though. First, after MEPS mishandling my medical prescreen and having to resubmit all doctors notes again I was finally approved. I thought it was strange though because I was told that my pre-screen had been "approved" and that after I take the ASVAB and my scores came in that my recruiter would have to submit a waiver. I thought that I only needed a waiver if I was "disqualified" with a recommendation for a waiver? I just took the ASVAB and when my recruiter finally saw my scores, all of a sudden my recruiter is saying I don't need a waiver. I am very interested in seeing what happens with this. A waiver means no airborne physical and that would end my Opt.40 hopes right there.

The second thing that bothers me is that I feel like I'm being lied to about the ASVAB. Admittedly this is a minor lie, but I don't want my recruiter to start to try and pull things over on me. Ranger Goon175 or any others with recruiting experience, please let me know if this is in fact USAREC policy... I went to take the official paper ASVAB this past Monday and received an AFQT of 96, which was given to my recruiter in an envelope. I was told my official results and line scores will come in Wednesday. Yesterday my line scores came in as expected and I was told I couldn't receive my scores over the phone, which I know is correct. Here's where I became annoyed. I specifically asked if I could get a copy of my scores for personal records, and he told me no that's not possible. He said I'm not allowed to have a paper copy of my scores because recruits often go to other branches' recruiters waiving their scores in their hand to look for better jobs. I felt that was very strange and then asked him if I could come in the next day and see the paper anyway. He then said he'd just email me the line scores instead and sent me my GT(132), ST(128), CO(125), and said none of the others were lower than a 120.

I feel like this is a complete lie and although I feel like I know why he would say that (to keep me signing with the Army), I don't want my recruiter thinking I'm an idiot and a pushover. I should be able to have this for my own records, I mean, they're MY scores. With that said, at least my scores are in, I qualify and now I can worry about the physical and security clearance. I had been recovering for a long time with medial tibial stress fractures, but because I was careful and smart about recovery I've gotten back to running.

Thank you Rangers, I'll keep you posted.
Vyce
Ranger

Re: SITREP - FlyersFan31

Post by Vyce »

Forgive me if I am out of my lane, but..

When I was at MEPs, the only thing my recruiter told me was that I did really well. I had to nose myself in to see my scores. If you looked at your medical packet they had you carry around (at least the one in Syracuse did this), the scores should be on the first page on the right under the "testing" section. Also, I checked all of my scores again today on the system.

I don't know if he is lying to you but, assume he isn't. Ask him to look and see what jobs are available for you on the system...on the way to the final list directly available, you will see your complete array of scores...at least I did when he looked.

Hope this helps.
Edge
Ranger

Re: SITREP - FlyersFan31

Post by Edge »

My experience was the same, my recruiter told me my scores but never actually showed them or gave them to me. I just looked at the packet like Vyce said, more than likely you're good to go but the Rangers with in a better position to address this will.
"Out of every 100 men, 10 should not be here,80 are nothing but targets, 9 are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they the battle make. Ah, but the ONE, ONE of them is a WARRIOR,and he will bring the others back."-Heraclitus 500 BC

Mentee to Ranger Invictus
B Co 3/75

Return to “Recruitment Process”