Introduction - Brendan

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

bma
Egg

Introduction - Brendan

Post by bma »

Rangers,

I'd like to start by briefly thanking all of those who take the time to share their knowledge and experience here. I have been digging through the vast amounts of information on this site for a couple of months now and it has been an invaluable resource.

I am 22 years old, graduated in May, 2011 with a B.A. in History from Providence College. I had begun the recruiting process that spring but had to put it on hold due to my father's deployment. I have since resumed and am in the early stages of speaking with a recruiter and setting up meetings, gathering documents, etc.

My interest in enlisting in the Army began in the later part of my college education and has only grown stronger. Having used many resources to research different opportunities, I now know that I want to pursue an opportunity to compete for a spot in the 75th Ranger Regiment.

I have a long way to go, and I can only imagine how difficult it will be. I look forward to continuing to use this forum as a source of information, and would appreciate any further advice there is to offer.

Thank you,
Brendan
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Introduction - Brendan

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Brendan.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
bma
Egg

Re: Introduction - Brendan

Post by bma »

Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV and Ranger Lunch,

Thank you for your welcomes.

Ranger Lunch, I have recently started using Ranger Silverback's APFT Improvement Plan to work on increasing my push up and sit up numbers. Also, I have been running 2-3 miles 2-4 times a week and weightlifting 4-5 times a week (mostly deadlifts, squats, bench presses). My fitness is definitely something I need to work on. I'd like to try and find a group or something along those lines to train with, don't seem to be many in the Boston area. My recruiter referred me to a gentleman who runs a military fitness program so I'll check that out soon. Still working on the best way to balance my preparation with my job demands.

I know it is customary to post initial APFT results, so I will bang one of those out in the next couple of days and report the results.
bma
Egg

Post by bma »

Ranger Lunch,

I hadn't gone to far back figuring that most of the relevant topics were close to the top of the board. Now that you bring it up though, that is an excellent point and I will go through some of those older posts and take notes on what has seemed to work for those Rangers. Thank you!
bma
Egg

Post by bma »

Rangers,

Initial APFT results:
41 PU
52 SU
17:30 2 Mile

Not very pleased with those results. Usually closer to 15 min for 2 miler. I know this is a long process and there is always room for improvement. Have to keep working.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

bma wrote:Rangers,

Initial APFT results:
41 PU
52 SU
17:30 2 Mile

Not very pleased with those results. Usually closer to 15 min for 2 miler. I know this is a long process and there is always room for improvement. Have to keep working.
Well, it is a start. As you continue to train, you can expect improvement. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introduction Archive”