SITREP David

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Primeraman
Future Soldier

SITREP David

Post by Primeraman »

Well, I did it. Two weeks ago I signed my 11x contract. Ship date 20120904 I'm going into MEPS next Thursday to do an Airborne physical and try to get option 4 added on. Everyone says MEPS is terrible and you have to wait around all day. I have to say I enjoyed it thoroughly. I got to meet some great people from all of the branches of the Armed Services, got to joke around quite a bit, and got some great advice from my superiors. I couldn't be happier right now. My family says they haven't seen me walking around this happy in a long time. The Sgt. Major who was my career counselor was great. He kept joking with me that I'm going to get called grandpa all the time since I'm 29 years old with some gray hair. He also joked about me wanting to be a Ranger and said I'm going to be living in the mountains eating bugs all the time. Anyway, I just wanted to thank you all again for the advice and for putting this site together. I should become much more active over the next few months.

PT Times and Scores

2mile: 15:37 (Needs work, I will be doing a lot of running, hiking, and rucking over the next several months)
Pushups: 88 in 2 minutes
Situps: 73 in 2 minutes
Pullups: 17

PS: Are there any current or former Rangers in the Indianapolis area? I was looking to do a little training and possibly get any advice you had.
11x OSUT 20120904
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP David

Post by Jim »

Welcome David. Work on your running and with any luck, you can earn a RASP slot in OSUT. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Primeraman
Future Soldier

Post by Primeraman »

Thank you Ranger Jim. Running is my main area of focus right now. I was a wrestler and swimmer all my life, so I've always had great upper body strength. I just need to work on my cardio more. I'm going to add a swimming routine in as well. My recruiters told me to notify my Drill Sgt. right away that my goal is to go Ranger. They said I should have no problem getting a RASP slot as long as I show great leadership skills and do well with PT during OSUT. Also, I will be coming in as an E-4 since I have a Bachelor's Degree. Thank you guys for all your help.

RLTW
11x OSUT 20120904
Primeraman
Future Soldier

Post by Primeraman »

So, I've got a couple of mentors over on armyparatrooper.org. Through that I was able to link up with and Ranger Instructor who is at Muskcatatuck Urban Training Center near Camp Atterbury. He is going to allow me to come down and shadow him for a day or two and sit in on some combat classes he teaches. He is also willing to set me up with a couple Ranger Qualified guys who were in one of his classes who are here in Indianapolis. I feel incredibly lucky to have this opportunity and to be working with these guys. I'll keep you guys posted on my progress. Thanks again to all the support from this board too.

RLTW
11x OSUT 20120904
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

I see you started using RLTW by Primeraman » February 21st, 2012, 10:08 pm

You will cease using RLTW until the day you become a U S Army Ranger. You have to 1st earn the privilege to use it.

No need to repond to me I will see you understand me when you next post. Carry on.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Recruitment Process”