Random thought of the moment.

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

RangerX
Ranger

Re: Random thought of the moment.

Post by RangerX »

C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

rgrokelley wrote:
RangerX wrote:
rgrokelley wrote:If you argue about the causes of the War Between the States and it doesn't fit some Ranger's personal opinion, you are called a traitor.

A-fucking-mazing.
Care to share any context?
On the Rangers Facebook site, someone posted a news story about how the current administration is trying to make treaties with various entities, and those treaties would supercede the Constitution.

I agreed with this assessment, because the Supremacy clause states that treaties become the law of the land.

After several posts, someone posted something about the Federal government becoming too powerful (I am going off memory and do not have access to Facebook from this computer). I then commented that we had fought a war against a powerful Federal government and lost (referring to North Carolina and to a larger extent the Confederacy).

After that, all hell broke loose. Initially I was called a racist, but that cooled off once I started describing the various reasons why the South, and specifically, why North Carolina left the Union. Eventually I was called a traitor because of the history lesson.

Seriously? Traitor?

This has since devolved into bad mouthing everyone in the South and stating that this region has the most crime, the most drug use, the most unwed mothers, the most uneducated people, the most violence, the most domestic violence, etc, etc, etc.
Let us then be traitors together, brother, and may the fiery eyes of Allah shine down on our living sacrifice!

Seriously though - I don't know how people think we can sustain living through another four years of this.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

rgrokelley wrote:
RangerX wrote:Oooooh, Facebook. Never mind.

How's the pinball rifle these days?
Musket?

I have a few, but don't shoot them live except once a year or so when I have a massive party/live fire at my house.

My newest acquisition is turning my old Ultra-Match M1A into a "black gun"... a little at a time. For Christmas I picked up a Troy Stock. Next step will be a buttstock and a pistol grip.
I'm talking about that outrageous piece of equipment you carted down to TX a couple years ago. A Wall Gun I think? Projectiles literally the size of pinballs....

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

rgrokelley wrote:
RangerX wrote:
rgrokelley wrote:If you argue about the causes of the War Between the States and it doesn't fit some Ranger's personal opinion, you are called a traitor.

A-fucking-mazing.
Care to share any context?
On the Rangers Facebook site, someone posted a news story about how the current administration is trying to make treaties with various entities, and those treaties would supercede the Constitution.

I agreed with this assessment, because the Supremacy clause states that treaties become the law of the land.

After several posts, someone posted something about the Federal government becoming too powerful (I am going off memory and do not have access to Facebook from this computer). I then commented that we had fought a war against a powerful Federal government and lost (referring to North Carolina and to a larger extent the Confederacy).

After that, all hell broke loose. Initially I was called a racist, but that cooled off once I started describing the various reasons why the South, and specifically, why North Carolina left the Union. Eventually I was called a traitor because of the history lesson.

Seriously? Traitor?

This has since devolved into bad mouthing everyone in the South and stating that this region has the most crime, the most drug use, the most unwed mothers, the most uneducated people, the most violence, the most domestic violence, etc, etc, etc.

I see and run into this crap all the time. It never ceases to amaze me how some of the most racist people on earth always seem to be the ones running around yelling racism (Reverend "Never been to real church in my pathetic tax cheating life" Sharpton and Jesse "Dr. King is rolling over in his grave knowing how I have perverted all he stood for" Jackson seem to come to mind, but there are soooooooo many others of every race, nationality and creed). But to call someone a traitor for telling the truth? Especially a veteran? Thats a person who should be kicked to sleep for gross stupidity (Note to Self: Be more tolerant of idiots, be more tolerant of idiots, be more.............). I feel your pain Brother, really I do. :roll:
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

Let us then be traitors together, brother, and may the fiery eyes of Allah shine down on our living sacrifice!

Seriously though - I don't know how people think we can sustain living through another four years of this.[/quote]

And what amazes me is that there is still a majority of people surrounding us that support this lunacy. How have we slidden into the abys this quickly? How?
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Being unemployed sucks. Being a stay at home Dad after missing most of my sons first year...AWESOME.
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Tea Parties. Aren't those what little girls have with their imaginary friends?
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

K.Ingraham wrote:Tea Parties. Aren't those what little girls have with their imaginary friends?
No, actually, it's a term Dearly endeared to Patriots as an act of defiance against tyranny. We are WAYYYYY over due for a good tea party! 8)

rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

RangerX wrote:
rgrokelley wrote:
RangerX wrote:Oooooh, Facebook. Never mind.

How's the pinball rifle these days?
Musket?

I have a few, but don't shoot them live except once a year or so when I have a massive party/live fire at my house.

My newest acquisition is turning my old Ultra-Match M1A into a "black gun"... a little at a time. For Christmas I picked up a Troy Stock. Next step will be a buttstock and a pistol grip.
I'm talking about that outrageous piece of equipment you carted down to TX a couple years ago. A Wall Gun I think? Projectiles literally the size of pinballs....
Pinball hell. It was a 1 inch (100 caliber) and had projectiles the size of a lead golf ball. Big, scary, kicks you stupid when you fire it. Originally used to take out the crew of artillery pieces or to take out the crew of a ship
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

K.Ingraham wrote:Tea Parties. Aren't those what little girls have with their imaginary friends?
Tell that to the captains of the Dartmouth, Eleanor and Beaver
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

Someone should invent Tequila named 'GoldCoast' then I could write about it in the 'What are you drinking' thread.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

How can you tell when a bullfrog's just belching?
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

hobbit wrote:How can you tell when a bullfrog's just belching?
They giggle afterwards?

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
abnhawk
Ranger

Post by abnhawk »

I wish I had the email address of every protesting afghan so I could tell them "Your book is stupid. You should all be glad I'm not president.go fuck yourselves."
C 3/75 89 -91
RLTW!
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

abnhawk wrote:I wish I had the email address of every protesting afghan so I could tell them "Your book is stupid. You should all be glad I'm not president.go fuck yourselves."
Shit, most Trashcanis don't have streaming water, never mind streaming video.....

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”