Flag at half staff in Pennsylvania for Joe Paterno

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
AIRBORNEVET
US Army Veteran

Flag at half staff in Pennsylvania for Joe Paterno

Post by AIRBORNEVET »

http://www.phillyburbs.com/ap/state/pa/ ... 9c6dd.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Unbelievable. We don't even give our fallen troops from this state this honor. Another attempt for Corbett to backpeddle and make the peace with his constituents after supporting the Penn State Board of Trustees in their firing of Joe Paterno.
Father of a current 3/75 Warrior
18C20 1993-1996 1SFG(A) Ft. Lewis, Washington 1993-1996
Special Forces Engineer Sergeant Course 29/Jun/92-18/Dec/92
SFAS Class 2-92
U.S. Army Airborne School 1991
Re-enlist as 18X 1991
1985-1987 12C Co. E 23rd Engineer Battalion Hanau, Germany

"Admit nothing, Deny everything, Make counter-accusations"
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Re: Flag at half staff in Pennsylvania for Joe Paterno

Post by rgrokelley »

Legacy = enabler of pedophiles

History is a bitch
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
AIRBORNEVET
US Army Veteran

Post by AIRBORNEVET »

In the interest of fairness I need to clarify what I said about Pennsylvania not giving our fallen troops from this state this honor.

Governor Tom Corbett announced the state's flags at all state facilities would be lowered to half-staff through Paterno's burial, which basically means Monday through Thursday or 4days.

For the passing of military veterans, the flag is only lowered in the Capitol Complex and at the commonwealth facilities in the county that the soldier resided, and then for only one day. On Memorial Day the flag is only flown at half staff from sunrise until noon.

Major Dick Winters, WWII soldier and hero, who was brought to most peoples attention from the Band of Brothers book and movie was given no such honor. He was born in PA then after the war resided here until his death last year. He did a lot more to earn this honor than Joe Paterno. I contacted the local news agency here in my area as well as FOX news to request they run this story but evidently it's not important enough. Makes me sick. Guess I'm just out of touch with where the real priorities are and who I see and taught my children are true heroes and legends of this country.
SFAS Class 2-92
Re-enlist as 18X 1991

AIRBORNEVET
US Army Veteran

Post by AIRBORNEVET »

rgrokelley wrote:Legacy = enabler of pedophiles

History is a bitch

It certainly is. The Paterno Blue and White Kool Aid drinkers are so blinded by their worship of this man they can't deal with the fact that when the time came to actually put the words he preached to others into action he failed miserably. He talked the talk but in the end couldn't walk the walk. I needed to ask myself only one question after reading everything out there on this. If Paterno was informed this was his son or grandson that was seen being raped in the shower would he have waited the amount of time he did to call his superiors and then only reported it to the people he did? Of course not. What makes another persons child worthy of anything less. Zero Tolerance Policy for me when it comes to this. The thing that astounded me the most is when he said he had no idea there was such a thing as man on man rape when informed about this. Really Joe? You have a degree from Brown University an Ivy League school and considered going into law after your college graduation as well as lived on this planet for 85years and you never heard of a pedophile. Unbelievable.
SFAS Class 2-92
Re-enlist as 18X 1991

Headoutdaplane
Ranger

Post by Headoutdaplane »

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing.
Headoutdaplane
Hardrock 1/75 '83-'86
Class 2-85

Return to “The News Dump”