Strength and Combatives Coach 3rd BN, Command Medal

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Ben Dearman
Egg

Strength and Combatives Coach 3rd BN, Command Medal

Post by Ben Dearman »

My name is Ben Dearman, I was the Strength and Combatives coach for the 3rd Ranger BN from 13/12/04 to 13/12/05. I worked for a company called Functional Fitness LLC which was later acquired by Summit Life Systems. While there I was awarded a medal of either excellence or accomplishment by the CO of 3rd BN, I own a gym in NH and the medal along with other stuff I can replace was recently stolen. I was also awarded a plaque (and coin and a bad ass knife), which thankfully were not stolen. I have looked everywhere on line and I can not find a picture of the medal. It was the RGR shield/unit insignia (sorry if I misnamed, I am a civilian and the military lingo escapes me, especially when I haven't had a reason to use it in a long time), much bigger then a coin with, I think, excellence on it. The medal means the world to me because I was the only strength coach (in my knowledge) to ever receive it, and I know I should remember exactly what it said/looked like, but I had it for so long and I was so used to walking by it that I stopped admiring it.

I am trying to get another one to replace the one that was stolen. Can anyone please help me!? I have sent some emails to a few soldiers that I remember from my time there but so far no luck.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Re: Strength and Combatives Coach 3rd BN, Command Medal

Post by K.Ingraham »

Welcome to the site.
Make sure you search ebay weekly to see if it comes up, lots of demand for anything from military elite units.
Best,
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’

Return to “Introduction Archive”