Intro_Ed

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

edwardcw
Egg

Intro_Ed

Post by edwardcw »

My name is Ed. I'm a 23 year old ROTC student, pursuing my Master's in Public Administration. It is my goal to become a Ranger officer at the first chance I get. I realize that I'm a few years from that goal, but I'm doing everything that I can to prepare right now. It would be an honor to lead some of the best soldiers our nation has to offer.

I'm always looking to push myself. I require a challenge and I need the high-speed lifestyle that I think being a Ranger can provide. My main hobby is MMA. It's not really a hobby, but a lifestyle. I consider myself a pretty well rounded fighter. I train in boxing, muay tai, wrestling, and jiu jitsu. I've had 10 fights, with more to come.

The main reason I've become a member of this site is to find out what I can do in order to get selected to be a ranger officer. Also, what can I do to prepare myself to be a better leader? I don't want to be average; I want to be exceptional. Anything less would be a disservice to the men I lead. What advice can you give to a possible future leader of Rangers? I believe that leaders are made, not born. But it takes time to develop the traits of a leader. I need to start preparing now so that I can be the best possible leader and to maximize my chances of getting selected. Other than the basic things they are teaching me in ROTC and my management classes, what advice can you former and current Rangers give me? BTW I will continue to search the forums for any answers I can find. Thank you for your time.
Train hard, fight easy.
Never Quit!!!
I'll rest when I die.

Return to “Introduction Archive”