First Post-Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

wishbone93
Egg

First Post-Introduction

Post by wishbone93 »

Hello, my name is Eric. I am seventeen years old and a senior in high school. My father recently retired from the Guard after 23 years and two recent deployments. My sister also is in the National Guard. I currently have a complete application in with cadet command for a four-year ROTC scholarship and a few colleges. I am an accomplished athlete as well. However, recently I decided that an immediate entry into another four years of school isn't in my personal interest or the path to my immediate goals. I do plan to eventually earn a degree through the opportunities the Army has available. I have always wanted to join the Army. I recently spoke to a recruiter and am taking the first steps toward doing so. I want to be a Ranger in the 75th and I know that there is a wealth of helpful knowledge on this forum and I hope to gain some of it. Thank you for all those who take the time to answer these questions and especially thank you to the veterans who have served this country.
Respectfully,
XXXXXXXX (Edited name out)
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Re: First Post-Introduction

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Eric.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: First Post-Introduction

Post by Jim »

Eric, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. You seem to be doing well enough. Please self-administer a PT test and post the results in this thread not later than midnight, Sunday 4 December 2011. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introduction Archive”