Good Afternoon RANGERs...

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

starbuck6264
Embryo

Post by starbuck6264 »

RANGERs

Good Afternoon, I have spent the last four and a half months monitoring this forum and using the search button to answer my questions however it is now time for me to post the required introduction and to humbly request help. Sometime within the next 2 weeks I will be traveling to Nashville TN to the MEPS station and I will be asking for a Option 40 contract (in truth I will not sign anything but an Option 40). I am requesting help from a RANGER mentor to help me through the rest of the enlistment process and to help insure that I am not jerked around by my recruiters or at MEPS, as well as to help guide me as I continue to prepare myself and my family for RANGER life. I scored a 93 on the AFQT and a 130 on the GT (General Technical). I have 3 years of collage however it was not from an accredited institution, and I did graduate HS. I am 25 years old and am completely and totally dedicated to becoming a RANGER, I will NEVER quit, and I will do all I can to help my RANGER buddies succeed with me.

Respectfully
Josh N...

P.S. Thank you MARINE Leatherneck for the post on Initiative and Integrity it was one of the most well written and succinct definitions of the subject that I have ever read.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Good Afternoon RANGERs...

Post by Jim »

Josh, a man has only one opportunity to create a favorable initial impression. Frankly, you have succeeded. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you are at the right site. We take pride in the young men who have been successful in their pursuits. What course of instruction have you been working on for the past three years? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

starbuck6264 wrote: 3 years of collage however it was not from an accredited institution,
That second half explains the bold word. :P

Welcome to the site, as Jim has pointed out, yours is a good intro.
Read the PT forums and get cracking on your fitness.

In the end, it's all up to you.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome

excerpt of
I am requesting help from a RANGER mentor
You can not get a Ranger Mentor without an Opt 40 contract.
Do as Ranger K.Ingraham has suggested & head down to the About Army Physical Training

Be a good idea to read just about everything in Recruiters and Schools - Q&A
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

As they have said... You have done well young grasshopper.... I can't tell you how many young studs have failed because things that were in their control.. like PT. You know what you want, we will help if possible but it is all on you!

Welcome...
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
starbuck6264
Embryo

Post by starbuck6264 »

Ranger Jim, thank you sir for your kind words, for the last 3 years I have simply been a hard working man, however after graduating high school my father
requested that I take the time to attend a small Ministerial School in Texas.

Ranger Charlie, thank you sir.

Ranger Steadfast, thank you sir for the correction, I have been reading and will continue to read the forums you have mentioned. Once again thank you.

Ranger McD, thank you for the welcome sir.
starbuck6264
Embryo

Post by starbuck6264 »

Ranger K.Ingraham, thank you sir, I can see that my spelling is still in need of some work.
starbuck6264
Embryo

Sitrep...

Post by starbuck6264 »

Well, in some ways not much has changed. I have been working with the recruiters at my local recruiting station since the end of September and I must say that altogether it has been very frustrating. Twice now all my paperwork has been done and I was cleared for MEPS. Each time, on the day that I was to depart, I have gotten a call from my recruiter telling me that the paperwork had been filed incorrectly and that my trip was canceled. The last time was Nov 17. I was supposed to leave that evening and I got the call around 10:30 that morning. Immediately upon concluding my conversation with my recruiter I called the office line and spoke with his supervisor and expressed my frustration with the situation. He assured me that they would do everything that they could to fix things and he promised to call me within the hour to give me an update. Well, that did not happen. In fact, I have not heard from anyone since the 17th.

I am writing this sitrep for three reasons. First, I was serious in my first post about getting into regiment, I will NEVER quit, no matter what. Because of this I did not want to give the impression of a young man full of bravado who makes grandiose statements and then just disappears for whatever reason. The reason for my inactivity on the board is because like I said, nothing has changed. Second, I am writing to seek counsel. Third, to request permission to PM you,Ranger Jim, and Ranger K.Ingraham. As for the counsel, I know that lots of people have problems with their recruiters, is it worth it to try and change recruiters? At this point I do not know what to do, there is only so much I can threaten, and it does not seem to do any good anyway. So does anyone have any ideas about how to try to motivate my recruiter to take the paperwork seriously?
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

If the recruiters boss doesn't want to do anything, call his boss. So on and so forth. There is no paperwork that is filed, it is all done on a computer. You are definately getting pushed around.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

You can PM me if you want, I doubt that I have anything more to offer than what is already in this thread.

Well, except perhaps this prod: Your PT scores had better reflect the time you've had to work out & run.

Read Goon's posts in these recruiting & schools forums, he had some experience with these things recently - I think your situation and others just like it are pretty well covered.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’

Return to “Introduction Archive”