DRACO771 Re-Intro Nov 2011

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

snafu
Ranger

Re: DRACO771 Re-Intro Nov 2011

Post by snafu »

Draco771 wrote: So all I have to do is meet the ht/wt reqs, and the PFT reqs (3 miles in 18, 12 pull-ups, 120 crunches, blah blah blah, yada yada

Are these the requirements or the max's? Are these specific to Force Recon? 3 in 18 just seems like it would be a max and not a requirement. Whatever you choose, good luck and I hope you get there.
RSD, HHC 75th RHQ Dec 04-Oct 07
RCC, RSTB 75th Rgr Rgt. Oct 07-Feb 09
1/3 SFG (A) SigDet, Dec 09-May 12
RS 02-06

team 3 best team.
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

The USMC and Army have different regulations for enlistment eligibility. For example, I cannot put someone in with a UPM (unlawful posession of marijuana) but the USMC can.

If you make Force Reconnaisance, the only contact you will ever have with Rangers is in Ranger School (if you go) or if you eventually go to MARSOC, as FR is not a part of USSOCOM or JSOC.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Man, it has been awhile since you were here, if you were mentored by RTO. Good to see you overcame that.

FR is a good road to prepare for Marsoc etc assignments, like the 75th used to be the best road to Delta in less sophisticated eras now long gone.

A former member here is going the same route as you, a long ago 'discon' as a teen, but now has a honors BA and a work record of excellence, but a seven or eight year old arrest causes the army to reject an excellent candidate. Our loss, the Marine's gain. He is in the process of enlisting right now along the same path as yourself so your recruiter appears to be coming from the same root. Either that or you have the same recruiter. :)

It's all good, You'll bring death and destruction to our nation's enemies and be following one of America's oldest and strongest military traditions either way, Ranger or Marine.

Just get into the best shape you can, so you won't have to struggle with the basics.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’

Return to “Introduction Archive”