Introduction-Josh

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

jsconnor
Egg

Introduction-Josh

Post by jsconnor »

I would first like to say that I have the utmost respect for Rangers. You guys are jam up and I want to thank you for all the sacrifices that you make on a daily basis that goes unnoticed by the majority of the population. My name is Josh and I am 29. I have been a fire fighter in a pretty large city in North Carolina for about seven years. Before I was hired I graduated from Guilford College with a bachelors degree in Sports Management and Business Management. I was lucky enough to play and start for the basketball team for four years, while serving as the captain my last two seasons. I wasn't the best player on the team but consistently outworked people and loved to play defense, which is very rare now a days. After graduating I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, but I knew that I wanted to keep the teamwork aspect throughout my professional career which led me to become a firefighter.
I love working at the fire department but for the last year I have felt like becoming a Ranger is something that I need to at least make an attempt at in my life. I don't want to be 50 and think back on my life and say "Man, I should have tried to become a Ranger. Now I'm going to regret not trying for the rest of my life." The Rangers are the elite of the elite and I would love to be a part of that brotherhood.
I am probaly one of the older men on here requesting information about the Rangers, but I know that I would give it everything I had and leave nothing on the table. Although my age may be a deterrent for some, I have been placed in many stressful situations working at the fire deparment and have always stayed level headed and calm. Throughout these situations I have gained a ton of valuable experience from the vets of the department, which I believe gives me an advantage over the younger men. My job demands me to be in extremely good condition and I am very mentally strong as well.
I guess what I'm asking from the members of this forum is opinions or advice on whether chasing this dream is worth leaving behind my time on the department and my family. I am not trying to sound like the fire department is anywhere on the same level as what you guys do day in and day out, but on the other hand I'm not an 18 or 19 year old that is trying to decide what to do with their life. And once again, Thanks so much for everything that you guys do to protect this great country! Any information or advice reguarding this situation I have would be a big help.
jsconnor
Egg

Re: Introduction-Josh

Post by jsconnor »

Ranger ZoneIV,

Thank you for the advice. I meant no disrespect with the term "jam up". We use that term on the fire department describing a person or a group that excels at what they do and can always be counted on to get the job done. I will not use anymore slang. Thank you again.
goon175
Ranger

Re: Introduction-Josh

Post by goon175 »

Welcome to the site, If this is the route you decide to take, there is a lot of useful information here. Your experience will be an advantage to you if you decide to take this route.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010

Return to “Introduction Archive”