Introduction - Dan

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

DanMc1284
Future Soldier

Introduction - Dan

Post by DanMc1284 »

Hello, my name is Daniel. I am 18 years old and am still in high school. Currently, I am unemployed as my time is primarily consumed by school and P.T.

I enlisted in the Army barely one month ago as 11X infantry; unfortunately I was unable to obtain an option 40 in my contract. My ship date is July 5, 2011. I have memorized the Ranger Creed and am adhering those principles to the way I live my life. My priority at the moment is getting myself in the physical shape necessary to qualify for the Ranger selection process.

My ambition for joining Ranger Battalion stems from my desire to serve my country in any way possible and in my opinion, it is the most prestigious and honorable way to do just that. I know for a fact that this site will aid me in maintaining my motivation for my goals. Any advice, and especially criticism, that can be offered from those individuals who have already experienced what I hope to be experiencing over the course of the next year is much appreciated.
Ship date: July 5, 2011
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Dan

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome Dan.

I've upgraded your title to: Future Soldier.
Have you not tried to get at least an Opt 4 (Airborne Training)?
Head on over to: Recruiters and Schools - Q&A forums and read much. You might pay special attention to posts, stickies by Ranger goon175 & MSG hit_it as well as other Rangers.

DanMc1284 wrote:Hello, my name is Daniel. I am 18 years old and am still in high school. Currently, I am unemployed as my time is primarily consumed by school and P.T.

I enlisted in the Army barely one month ago as 11X infantry; unfortunately I was unable to obtain an option 40 in my contract. My ship date is July 5, 2011. I have memorized the Ranger Creed and am adhering those principles to the way I live my life. My priority at the moment is getting myself in the physical shape necessary to qualify for the Ranger selection process.

My ambition for joining Ranger Battalion stems from my desire to serve my country in any way possible and in my opinion, it is the most prestigious and honorable way to do just that. I know for a fact that this site will aid me in maintaining my motivation for my goals. Any advice, and especially criticism, that can be offered from those individuals who have already experienced what I hope to be experiencing over the course of the next year is much appreciated.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
DanMc1284
Future Soldier

Post by DanMc1284 »

Thank you, Ranger Steadfast. To answer your question, yes, I have tried to get an Option 4, as well, but to no avail. My recruiter is doing his best to get me an Opt 40 or Opt 4 before my ship date. I'm not so naive as to think that's a likely possibility, though. However, I scored in the 95th percentile on my ASVAB with a 134 GT score so I'm hoping that will help my chances.
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Welcome... If Option 4 and/or an option 40 is your goal then do what you have to do to get it!

What did you do today?
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

Dan is my guy, I put him in.

Welcome to the site, dan!
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
DanMc1284
Future Soldier

Post by DanMc1284 »

I just finished a 12 mile ruck march. In addition to 150 push-ups in the morning, that was my exercise for the day.
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

Just talked on the phone with Dan. He is doing well, just finished up his family day pass. His last PT test was a 277, but apparently the run was conducted on sand, so his PT score should be quite better on the next one. I fully expect him to do very well in both airborne and RASP. Oh yeah, I got him an opt. 40 about a month before he shipped out. He definately earned it through the hard work he put forth in the DEP.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

goon175 wrote:Just talked on the phone with Dan. He is doing well, just finished up his family day pass. His last PT test was a 277, but apparently the run was conducted on sand, so his PT score should be quite better on the next one. I fully expect him to do very well in both airborne and RASP. Oh yeah, I got him an opt. 40 about a month before he shipped out. He definately earned it through the hard work he put forth in the DEP.
Nice job Ranger!! Have him keep us updated on his progress if you would.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537

Return to “Introduction Archive”