Lead the Way Fund Run/Walk

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

goon175
Ranger

Lead the Way Fund Run/Walk

Post by goon175 »

I am tentatively planning on making it to this event.

SAVE THE DATE

Lead The Way Fund's

5th Annual

"A RUN DOWN HERO HIGHWAY"

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Dear Supporters of The Lead The Way Fund and fellow patriots,

Another year has passed and the LTWF's annual Run/Walk Down Hero Highway is rapidly approaching! Thanks to your continued support and attendance, this event gets bigger and better each year and our 5th Annual is sure to outshine them all. As per standard, the run will take place on West St. past the hallow grounds of the World Trade Center in view of her Lady Liberty. Having outgrown our previous post-race celebration venue, this year the party will now take place at the beautiful Lighthouse at Chelsea Piers.

In addition to the live music, food and beverages, the day will also include moving presentations from some of our Nation's heroes, outstanding raffle prizes and tons of Lead The Way gear! We are also exceptionally pleased to announce that Phil Taylor from the American Fallen Soldiers Project (formed to provide comfort and healing to the mourning families of our fallen military men and women through incredible portrait renditions) will be presenting an original portrait to the family of beloved fallen Rangers and a first responder.

Below you will find some initial details about the day so you can Save the Date, plan accordingly and spread the word!

When: Sunday, November 20, 2011 (Registration begins at 9 am)
What: 4.5 mile run/walk down the Hudson River Park, aka "Hero Highway"
Where: Start at Pier 46 (Charles St.) and run/walk to the entrance of Battery Park and back
Post Race: Head to The Lighthouse at Chelsea Piers for a celebratory brunch, plenty of drink and live music
Who: You, your family, your friends, your colleagues and any other local patriots.
Attire: Race shirts will be distributed but patriotic attire is encouraged. Prize for best patriotic costume

WHAT'S TO COME
•Full registration details including new individual First Giving fundraising webpages
•Corporate Sponsorship packages
•Race day and post-race party information
Visit our Facebook page and "LIKE" us to stay up-to-date with information about the race and other great things happening at the Lead The Way Fund. We look forward seeing you on November 20th and Please Spread the Word!

Sincerely,

The Lead The Way Fund Board of Directors

We will never forget the brave men have given their lives for our country and our freedom.

Lead The Way Fund, Inc. is a 501 c3 non-profit organization established to raise funds in support of families of U.S. Army Rangers who have died, have been disabled or who are currently serving in harm's way around the world. The funds raised will provide spouses and children of deceased, disabled or active duty Rangers with assistance for health and wellness programs and other financial aid programs. The Lead The Way Fund, Inc. was created in honor of our friend and local hero Sgt. James J. Regan who was killed in Iraq while serving with Charlie Company, 3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment.

Lead The Way Fund, Inc. is a 501c3 non-profit charity. Tax ID# 20-8757694

GOD BLESS AMERICA

http://WWW.LEADTHEWAYFUND.ORG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Lead the Way Fund Run/Walk

Post by Steadfast »

I'll be there this year as I got a personal invitation from Sgt. James J. Regan's father.

He & I met coming from Change of Command of RR11. Jim, Sr. saw me wearing my Run Down Hero Hwy Tee-shirt honoring Sgt. James J. Regan is how we got to talking.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Papa84
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Papa84 »

I've been planning on participating in this race as well.
Ship date 20120207
Mentor: HakweeRgr
garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by garyedolan »

I plan on keeping up with Uncle Jake in a grand ol' stroll in beautiful NYC!
Gary "28"
Co C (RGR), 75 Inf (ABN) '70-'71
USMA 69; RGR 4-70; RHOF-2011
http://oftheirownaccord.com

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Be kind of cool if a bunch of us could be there... Maybe Participate... I can't run as fast a Papa84 I'm sure but if there were a few old timers that were willing to give it a go I might consider it. Of course we could just meet at the end!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
seazah
Ranger

Post by seazah »

I just did the GoRuck challenge yesterday (13 hours of running with a 30lb pack all throughout NYC). Count me in Goon!
Sniper CL 702-05
RS 11-08
2-3 IN 2003-2010
NYARNG 2010-present
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

seazah wrote:I just did the GoRuck challenge yesterday (13 hours of running with a 30lb pack all throughout NYC). Count me in Goon!
DAMN!!!! :evil: Didn't you read my post??? I'm looking for old slow Rangers! :D

I hate riding in car for 13hrs.
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
seazah
Ranger

Post by seazah »

Left over right, right over left! Walk or run, doesn't matter to me McD, it would be a great way to support this charitable organization and meet Ranger's! Plus we can all grab some suds at the end (Double !!).
Sniper CL 702-05
RS 11-08
2-3 IN 2003-2010
NYARNG 2010-present
Rockin Ranger
Inprocessing

Post by Rockin Ranger »

Ranger McD - I don't run very much anymore, but I can still hump a ruck and Love NYC (my place of birth). If you want slow and steady, I will walk it with you, brother. RLTW
Rockin Ranger

3rd Plt, A Co. 1/75th INF - 85-87 RTO/Rifleman/M-203 Gnr

For Those About to Rock, We Salute You!!
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Just started running this last spring. I could probably keep a 8 -8.5 min mile pace. Maybe a ruck run...mmmmm! First I've got to make sure I can make it. If I do go I want to participate!
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

AntonA2W
Ranger

Post by AntonA2W »

Steadfast, maybe I'll bring my ruck this year, and my son too!!
"...Fuck it all and Fuckin no regrets..."

God Bless Dementia

1/75, A2W, 11Jul93-18Nov94 (started day 1 of a 34 day nap)
seazah
Ranger

Post by seazah »

So whats the deal with this/ Who's on board for this event.

In for the win:
Seazah
Sniper CL 702-05
RS 11-08
2-3 IN 2003-2010
NYARNG 2010-present
Papa84
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Papa84 »

I'll be there. Looking forward to being a part of this event, as well as meeting some of you Rangers.
Ship date 20120207
Mentor: HakweeRgr
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

AntonA2W wrote:Steadfast, maybe I'll bring my ruck this year, and my son too!!
Gary & I will be looking for the two of you AntonA2W. Leave your ruck home- I don't want to have to drag you & the ruck back to finish line.

See you there Papa84. I'll be yelling for you & others around 8:45am. We start at 9.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “The Mosh Pit”