sfc hit_it i need some advice please

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
armyofjuan
Ranger

sfc hit_it i need some advice please

Post by armyofjuan »

i am in the national guard. i want to go active duty with a option 40 contract. i went to meps about 2 weeks ago. they would not give me option 40 because im already ranger qualified. they said they could not do it. i took an 18x contract because its airborne en route. my recruiter talked to the 75th liason and said it was possible for me to get picked up from airborne and go to rip. a lot of people think im crazy for not wanting the 18x contract i got... but i know what i want and where i want to go. is there any advice you can give me sargeant i would really appreciate it. and is that stuff my recruiter telling really legit or is he just blowing smoke up my ass. thanks for your time sargeant.
c co 1-325 AIR
ranger school class 11-03
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

you caught me on a lucky day. my computer actually booted up and ran the proper diagnostic.

noone at MEPS could give you an option 40 contract. now with an 18X contract, i'm not sure where/when you can terminate your contract but i'm pretty sure it's not before SOPC. and if you do that, there's NO GAURANTEE you will be sent to the 75th. that's the NO BULLSHIT truth.

my personal advice to you is to go with the 18X contract. you may not serve in the 75th, but the rewards are priceless.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
armyofjuan
Ranger

Post by armyofjuan »

thanks for the advice. i kinda figured that was the case. hey sargeant can you maybe shed some light on why it is i cant just get the option 40. it just dosnt make any sense to me. thanks again for the advice sargeant.
c co 1-325 AIR
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Bro, Leatherneck fought that same issue for over a year (he wasn't Ranger qualified, but was a Marine with combat experience) and ended up having to go with the 18X. I think he's been extremely pleased with the way it ended up thus far. You might shoot him a PM for the low-down. :wink: Best of luck, wherever you end up.
RLTW
EP

PS: Do you happen to know a CSM from Oregon, named Cxxxxy?
Last edited by Earthpig on August 1st, 2004, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
armyofjuan
Ranger

Post by armyofjuan »

i know who he is. he is the state csm. but i dont know him personally. did you used to serve with him?
c co 1-325 AIR
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

armyofjuan wrote:i know who he is. he is the state csm. but i dont know him personally. did you used to serve with him?
No, but he's a member here. :wink:
RLTW
EP
armyofjuan
Ranger

Post by armyofjuan »

damn small world i guess. what is his forum name?
c co 1-325 AIR
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

they just can't give it to PS applicants. the reguation is written that way.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

armyofjuan wrote:damn small world i guess. what is his forum name?
PM outbound.
RLTW
EP
armyofjuan
Ranger

Post by armyofjuan »

thanks ranger earthpig. im gonna hit him up and ask him why it took 8 months to get my 368. just joking, not really, thanks for the pm name though.
c co 1-325 AIR

Return to “Recruitment Process”