Introduction: Coors

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

coors
Embryo

Introduction: Coors

Post by coors »

Hello Rangers, my name is Cory. I am 22 years old and recently just graduated from College with a BA in Criminal Justice and a desire in my heart to earn the respect, duties and honor that comes with being a Ranger .

Upon graduating I found myself struggling between choosing to pursue my career in Criminal Justice, or to fulfill my life long dream of serving my country in one of the most elite military fighting forces in the world. Three weeks later I was sitting in MEP’s signing the dotted line with an 11X option 40 contract and a ticket to ft. Benning, GA to start OSUT in early January of 2012.

I started training myself and referenced this site daily for helpful tips, recommendations, and a kick in the ass of motivation that would act as a make-shift personal DI until the end of my 9 month DEP waiting period.

However, several days ago I was contacted by my recruiter and asked if I would be interested in moving my shipment date to early September of 2011 (about 2 weeks from now). I jumped at the offer. Now I am currently waiting to hear back from my recruiter after he receives confirmation from the local MEP’s station on to whether I filled a spot of X amount of spots left.

I would like to thank every member of the military but especially the Rangers who have provided such an abundant and useful source of information for people like me to be able to use in our journey to attempt to become part of an elite force so much bigger than ourselves. I look forward to starting my training and pushing on to become a Ranger (whenever that may be). I will take the advice of the Rangers on this site to “Never quit, EVER”, and achieve the goals that I have built for myself excepting nothing less

Once again thank you Rangers, for your time and advice I look forward to providing my own info to the site to help others as you have chosen to do.
Ship date: 20120109
coors
Embryo

Re: Introduction: Coors

Post by coors »

Happy Labor day to all the Rangers and other military personnel alike. Just thought I would update the status of my current situation. My recruiter was not able to get me in a sooner opening slot so as of right now my ship out date is at its original point of early 2012.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Welcome & congrats.
The delayed ship date is better, gives you more time to work off the undergrad lifestyle :P

There's a '12 week RASP prep program' around here somewhere. Get on it. Best advice: never quit. It's that simple.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
coors
Embryo

Post by coors »

Thank you Ranger Ingraham, Although my 12oz curl days have been long over, I have adapted to my current program. It is good to know that I can search this prep program and start it asap. Once more I'm grateful for the info and knowledge this site provides to strengthen my motivation.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

coors

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome coors.

PM inbound.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
coors
Embryo

Post by coors »

Thank you Ranger Steadfast and thank you for the time and info you have provided to this site for turds like me. Ranger Ingraham I saw a some Ranger mentors recommending the sealfit workout to their trainees. I was wondering if something like this would be a good choice for me to follow or would you still suggest the 12 week prep course you provided me with recently. I will request a mentor soon, just want to get my numbers correct first before I waste anyone's time.

Return to “Introduction Archive”