Introduction- Evan

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

hunter3006
Embryo

Introduction- Evan

Post by hunter3006 »

Hello all my name is Evan and just last Tuesday I reserved a job up at MEPS as a 92y option 40. But I truly want 68w but I just reserved 92y so I could get in and talk with a career counselor. Ive read and the recruiter had said they have more pull and can make slits appear if you threaten to not sign. Anyways, I am 18 and graduated high school this past spring. I almost went to college this fall with basically a full ROTC Nursing scholarship but that is not what I truly wanted. It was what my family wanted me to do. My whole life I have felt called to serve and serve in a true tight knit special unit. The Rangers is what I see to fulfill that dream. And to be a Ranger Medic would even be more satisfying. I'm always making sure others are taken care of first and if someone is hurt or in trouble, I want to have the training to be able to help. Supply also kind of interested me because of the little bit I've read about supply RAngers. I will not comment on this right now because I have not researched it enough. And I'm sure I'll be talking with RangerSupply. Can't wait to research and learn from this site. Thank you all for your service and God Bless!

P.S.- I will be going up to MEPS Monday and staying overnight for tuesday
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction- Evan

Post by Jim »

Evan,
You have only one chance to make a favorable initial impression. From what I've seen you are not doing well. You need to take the time to read all the FAQs, as well as selecthed stickies and threads. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right place. For several years, one of our prime functions has been to provide young men about to enlist with a realisic set of expectations. We take pride in those who succeed. On the other hand we insist, that as you are our guest, you are not entitled to abuse our hospitality. I'm not your friend, nor your parent, nor one of your teachers, so I don't have to tolerate ignorant behavior. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, hunter3006

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
hunter3006
Embryo

Post by hunter3006 »

Thank you Ranger Charlie.... And Ranger Jim I explained what happened on my other post. Please read that. Thank you.
hunter3006
Embryo

Post by hunter3006 »

Ranger ZoneIV I was simply stating that I had explained what had happened and that it isnt a problem now. And I'm not calling you Rangers my friends, teachers, or parents. Im simply looking for more information then what I have found on the posts that I have searched and read on here.
Warchief
Ranger

Post by Warchief »

Evan,

The message above is the second excuse you've given for your actions. The first excuse was one too many. The bursting radius of an excuse is zero meters. No one wants to read your excuse or gives one iota about any reason you feel is pertinent for your failure to repair. The members of this site expect you to read, heed and take immediate corrective action when directed to do so. I fear pain, torment or a short ride on the black chopper is in your immediate future if you continue to demonstrate a failure to follow instructions. Review Ranger Jim's instructions and comply. No comment from you is required other than Wilco and mission complete.
Ranger Class 10-82
ODAs 236, 233, 232/065, 10th SFGA
ODAs 545, 565, 5th SFGA
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

How about this: Until you can max a PT test, the only things you are allowed to type on this site are "roger" "yes" and "no". The empty can rattles the most. You are rattling alot.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010

Return to “Introduction Archive”