MEPS SUCKS!

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
glocky45
Ranger

MEPS SUCKS!

Post by glocky45 »

Rangers,
I HAVE LOST my 11x opt 40 reservation because of MEPS.
I got to meps @ 0400 with recruiter. I was fully qualified took airborne physical and regular physical, passed; blood test urine test Breathalyzer vision test hearing test passed all 1's.. but by the time I was done with security interviewer and talked to counselor it was too late in the day to sign in for the swear in @ 1600! so they said I'd be a hold over till the next day. But I reassured them it was the last day for the reservation, but they reassured me they talked to the ROC and it got held for me for the next day. Then it was yesterday they only offered me 18x 6 year contract, because they lost the 11x opt 40 to someone in the east coast because they said MEPS open sooner in east coast time! I was so mad! I currently am lost on how to re-obtain a reservation of a 11x opt 40! I will Never compromise on 11x opt 40! I will never cut myself short for someones quota. So my question is how now should I try and obtain a new reservation? Because all the recruiters and their boss the First Sergeant was pissed that I didn't take the 18x. I told him respectfully, until I sign I have a bargaining chip to get what I want in writing and that I'm not going to just sign something that does not interest me. Do I go to new recruiter or should I trust the one I have now to help find me a new one??

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! I get the feeling since they know now I'm truly job locked, they don't want to work with me as much as before.
GIVE WAR A CHANCE
TSAF
3/75 RLTW
glocky45
Ranger

Re: MEPS SUCKS!

Post by glocky45 »

Thank you Ranger xray! Thats good news to me, that If I keep fighting for it I'll get it sooner or later. And I want It so bad I can taste the damn contract.
GIVE WAR A CHANCE
TSAF
3/75 RLTW
goon175
Ranger

Re: MEPS SUCKS!

Post by goon175 »

Don't sign until you get it, you have all the bargaining power right now. "they" don't get it because they do not know the difference between 18x and opt. 40, to them they are both just two cool guy jobs, who cares which one you do? But you know that they are two different jobs that have different missions. Stick to your guns, and changing recruiters won't really help, just get through it.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010

Return to “Recruitment Process”