(11b)11x option 40 or 18x (18B)

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
M82a1snake
Embryo

Post by M82a1snake »

Rangers, I've been told by R.O.C. of Army that option 40 is near impossible to find, and I took my asvab not that long ago and I qualified for special forces and option 40 and everything in between. They keep nudging me toward 18x simply because I think the MOS 18B weapons Sergeant would best suit me (if i could make it that is) because of my extensive knowledge and passion of small arms. Now I admit even saying I'm considering anything other than option 40 Is looked down upon here solely based on the fact that It's for Rangers, But I like your guys help they said If i want a real chance at special forces in military career, I need to try it first enlistment since physical demands are generally the same to pass the assessments (based off of what I was told.) (except SFAS is no doubt tougher but I figure they're even in physical demands because of the SOPC administer before SFAS). Help me figure out If I should step in with one foot a.k.a. Rangers then If i want to further myself apply for special forces, or jump with both feet a.k.a. 18x contract and later get a ranger tab after sf and airborne. I'm only posting this because 1, this is my last post probably, and 2 I reserve a contract/position on 20110713. All my paper work is done security clearance papers and all at this point and time. Thanks Rangers
Postscript:
I heard ranger deployments are generally 12 months in length and SF is 3-6 months in length.(worried about seeing the old lady every once in a while. ha)
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
George S. Patton
P.T.
PU:76 (PROPER FORM)
SU:79
2MILE 13:31
4MILE 31:09
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

You heard wrong, on a lot of the points you put up, as Zone IV alluded to. If you are signing a contract tomorrow, you haven't absorbed much here. You'll be meeting the recruiter's needs, not your own.

But you're a big boy, so you'll live with the results. Caviat empor
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: (11b)11x option 40 or 18x (18B)

Post by Jim »

What is your second language?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Well since you came to ArmyRanger.com to ask if you should be a Ranger or SF I think you should go SF.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

I had about two paragraphs typed out exlpaining why you are an idiot, but then my window closed and I lost it all. But here is the summary:

You are an idiot.

If you want to "put one foot in" go join JROTC.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010

Return to “Recruitment Process”