Intro Eric

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

errie806
Embryo

Intro Eric

Post by errie806 »

I want to start off by saying thank you to all of you soldiers for your sacrifices and service to our country. I have an immense amount of respect and appreciation for what you do for us.

I'm a 22 year old who is interested in a career with the military, more specifically within the special operations/forces. I've done a good amount of research on all the branches and I have been more inclined towards the Rangers. I want to be where the big things happen. I am just trying to gain as much information to be as comfortable as possible with my decision. Of course you all know how big of a deal enlisting is.

Some things that are important to me are the advancement opportunities, not just with rank and pay, but mostly with training and specialization schools, such as jump, dive, sniper etc. I love to learn and I like being a go to guy for a job.

I am contemplating a career with an elite unit like the rangers because I feel dissatisfied with my current lifestyle. I feel like the military could give me that sense of pride and accomplishment that I have been missing out on. I believe the military could change my life and make me a better person who appreciates life much more.

Again, thank you all for your help and support.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Intro Eric

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome here errie806.

For a baseline, tell us what you can do on p.t., PU / SU / 2 mile Run
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com young man. I appreciate you interest in serving our great country. I would suggest the you use caps on the word Ranger.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
errie806
Embryo

Post by errie806 »

Sorry about the lack of caps Ranger Ron I didn't know which was the proper casing. Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm glad to have some real experienced individuals for guidance on the subject. I'm glad there is a forum like this.
And for Ranger Steadfast, I haven't timed my runs yet I will try to get on top of that soon. However in 2 minutes I can get in the 70s without pausing. I have reached into the 80s at my best. And as for situps in 2 mins I have done 60s-70s. I believe my weakest suit is my cardio. I know its important. I have to get running more.
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

errie806 wrote:Sorry about the lack of caps Ranger Ron I didn't know which was the proper casing. Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm glad to have some real experienced individuals for guidance on the subject. I'm glad there is a forum like this.
And for Ranger Steadfast, I haven't timed my runs yet I will try to get on top of that soon. However in 2 minutes I can get in the 70s without pausing. I have reached into the 80s at my best. And as for situps in 2 mins I have done 60s-70s. I believe my weakest suit is my cardio. I know its important. I have to get running more.
Enough B.S.

When are you going to comply with Ranger Steadfast's order for APFT results.
Steadfast wrote:For a baseline, tell us what you can do on p.t., PU / SU / 2 mile Run
It has now been over a week ago.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
errie806
Embryo

Post by errie806 »

I will be at the track first thing in the morning
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

errie806 wrote:I will be at the track first thing in the morning
Eric it is time for you to speak correctly on this board.
Rangers get to seeing that you not understanding the ranking system on this site. You are not speaking to just anyone or everyone. This sentence (shown above) of yours is lacking to attention to detail.
It would be to your benefit to read or re-read FAQ's atop civilan intro forum - Intro FAQ - New members read and heed!
Read the FAQ's & Stickies of every forum you visit.

We do not want to know you are going to do something - we all are awaiting your results from doing things & addressing all members properly.
I do not want to hear/read an apology - I want to see that you are reading and doing. We can not tell you exactly because if we did - you would never learn here nor down the road.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
errie806
Embryo

Post by errie806 »

Ranger Steadfast, I ran a 2 mile at about 13 mins at a steady comfortable pace yesterday.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

FAIL.
You still haven't followed directions. You were told to post APFT results. That is not a single event test.

If you really want to be a SOF soldier, you need to figure out the environment and adapt to it. We demand all this respect and specific behaviour to help you along on the journey. If you don't want to play, that is fine, most of us made it on our own without any website to prep us or hold our hands, besides, we got our stuff.
Post back after RASP grad, in the extremely unlikely event you are ever there.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Eric, please tell me why you want to be a Ranger. I want you to give this some thought and place your response on this thread. Complete this task before midnight, Sunday, 10 July 2011.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
errie806
Embryo

Post by errie806 »

72 pushups 67 situps 11:25min two mile run. I said comfortable because I was taught to run at a steady pace for efficiency and endurance. I got into an all out sprint around the last lap.
errie806
Embryo

Post by errie806 »

I want to be a Ranger to be the best of the best. Rangers are the pinnacle of physical and mental strength. To become a Ranger would give me strength and pride to succeed at anything life throws at me. I want to be the go to guy wherever I am. I want to grow and achieve. I'm not satisfied with getting by in life. Advancement is important to me.
Elguapo
Ranger

Post by Elguapo »

You won't be able to do any of those things in the military if you can't start with the simple basics, such as respecting those in a higher position of authority. Obviously this is not a trait that you have or care to pick up in the future. This is evident in your continued rambling, excuses, and lack of proper address to those with the title of "Ranger" under their user name.

Ranger Steadfast "suggested" you read or re-read the FAQ's and Stickies on this site. Let's just say you didn't give a damn what he had to say, obviously.

You may have all the physical stamina and strength in the world, but with a piss poor attitude you will go nowhere.

I'd advise you to either go cry and make excuses elsewhere, or take a nice long look at yourself and identify your weaknesses and turn them into your strengths.
USAR 04-05
TXARNG 05-Present

OEF 08-09
HOA '12

RS 5-10
errie806
Embryo

Post by errie806 »

Rangers, I am honestly trying to get the hang of this sort of structure to the forums. I've re-read the stickies several times but I just can't understand where I'm going wrong in my posts. I try to trim things down to simple specific and respectful answers. I don't see where I have displayed disrespect to anyone. I'm really trying to cater to your requirements. I just don't understand it yet.

Return to “Introduction Archive”