Ex 2bat living in Athens, Greece

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Bell

Re: bell

Post by Bell »

lrsd wrote:Bell,

Wasn't 5-81 cold? I still remember how cold 5-82 was.
Two questions:

1) How old is your son and do you see him?
2) When are you getting a second wife (they come in handy) :lol:

Did you know Daryl Parks? Did you know Paul Burbrige?

RLTW
Chris
5-81 was very cold and wet. It rained constantly everywhere. River crossings were good because the water was usually warmer than the air. Hey, a couple of degrees feels good sometimes.

My son is 27 and I spent March thru September with him in Denver this past year.

No second wife. I can't find a woman that doesn't do the girly shit. Or can't keep her hands off my stuff.

I can't remember most of the guys I served with let alone guys from other companies. We were doing all that special team shit when I was there and we never saw guys from other companies. Hell, I was in 1st Platoon and didn't see guys from the other platoons in our own company. Only at company formations.

I'm thinking. I don't remember the guys you mentioned.

RLTW
Bell
Chiron
Ranger

Bell

Post by Chiron »

5-82 was cold snowy then wet same shit....

I was in 2nd bat but the name Purdy rings a bell. I know 1s bat guy from
Ranger school (Daryl) and then in 124th LRSD at ft stewart all were ex Rangers from 1st bat. Our Co was capt O'Keffe and our 1sg had combat jump wings from Grenada...

Your son is 27? Mine is 4! So you see I'm still in the shit. Actualy just started.

It's 23:50 singning off.

Hooah!

RLTw
Chris
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Ex 2bat living in Athens, Greece

Post by Steadfast »

signman7194 wrote:Chris, CPT Keefe was the CO and Thomas was the 1SG at Stewart. Hey, a bunch of us ex-124th guys are on facebook and planning a reunion. I know you're pretty far away, but we'd love to have you. Wondered if you ever got a hold of Burbridge, Room, or Wierniki? We'd love to have as many of the upper cadre as possible. Let me know. Thanks. E. Rodrigues.
While getting together with old friends is a hoot, is there some reason why you haven't made your own introduction on this site as your 1st, 2d, 3d, ? post?
Read FAQ's and post an introduction.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

signman7194 wrote:Chris, CPT Keefe was the CO and Thomas was the 1SG at Stewart. Hey, a bunch of us ex-124th guys are on facebook and planning a reunion. I know you're pretty far away, but we'd love to have you. Wondered if you ever got a hold of Burbridge, Room, or Wierniki? We'd love to have as many of the upper cadre as possible. Let me know. Thanks. E. Rodrigues.
Hey Rodrigues go make that introduction. Great to hear from you. Can't make that flight to the States (crisis) but you never know... How do I find you on FB? Or you may put the date of thr reunion on here.

C
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Chiron wrote:I was C 2/75 now living in Athens Greece. Long story but I miss the U.S.

Married a Greek girl and we have a son 4 years old.

RLTW
Chris
Wow looking at this after all this time.... My son is almost 12!
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
---------
George S. Patton
ma91c1an
Triple Canopy

Post by ma91c1an »

Hope that you are doing ok over there, bro.

Stay away from the mobs!
-------
Classes 12, 13, and 14-81.
Company A, 2d Battalion (Ranger), 1st Platoon, "Bad 'Muthers," 1980-1984;
SFQC 4-84.
Company B, 2d Battalion, 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne), ODA 151, 1984-1986.

Return to “Introduction Archive”