Budweiser partners with Folds of Honor

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
JPHawk

Budweiser partners with Folds of Honor

Post by JPHawk »

Working for a Budweiser wholesaler comes with it's perks, but rarely do we get to participate in something as special as this.

If anyone has purchased the "king of beers" since Memorial Day there's a chance you've seen the new can Bud released for this summer promotion which runs through mid July.

http://www.foldsofhonor.org/partners

"Budweiser is continuing their 150+ year commitment to the brave men and women of the U.S. armed forces by partnering together with the Folds of Honor Foundation to honor the sacrifices of the fallen and support their families through scholarships and other opportunities. Budweiser is dedicating the 2011 baseball season to recognizing their sacrifices with the Here’s to the Heroes program; for every home run hit during this year’s MLB season, Budweiser will donate $100 to Folds of Honor, in an effort to raise as much as $2 million. Budweiser, for the first time, is altering its iconic design to feature special patriotic cans in stores this summer, where every case sold, Budweiser will donate $0.05 to FHF; the partnership between FHF and Budweiser will significantly expand the mission of FHF to help these deserving military families."
Baseplate
Ranger

Re: Budweiser partners with Folds of Honor

Post by Baseplate »

How nice of a billion dollar corporation to give 5 fucking cents per case of beer they sell
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

I don't really give a shit if they give a single penny but it pisses me off when a company makes a gimmick to give money to any charity through my money. You see Bud is going to sell more of these beers because of the call to patriotism. And oh by the way make a ton of moneyoff the deal. Even if they sell 1 million cases of patriotism soaked beer cans they will only give $50,000 to charity, chump change to AB. My point is don't try to trick me into doing my part by buying Bud I will be helping out a veteran charity. If you really want to impress me AB would give all of its profits to charity. But don't expect me to get on my knees and kiss Adolphus Busch's dead ass because his company gave what amounts to me slipping the homeless guy the change out of my cup holder
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

I'm gonna agree with Baseplate on this one.

A few months back I was in a Starbucks when they asked if I wanted to donate a pound of coffee to the troops. I asked how much, they said standard pricing. So basically they are profitting off my charity. Then they turn around and do a press release stating how much Starbucks donated.

No assholes, Starbucks customers donated.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

This technique has been working for Toby Kieth since 9/11.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

Buddha wrote:Since 1997, Anheuser-Busch and the Anheuser-Busch Foundation have contributed nearly $475 million to charitable organizations, including those that support education, the environment, economic development, disaster preparedness/relief and support of those who serve our country.
I guess that they forgot to mention that AB also supports gun control. :roll:
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18
C co 308th MI '18-Present

Keep your mind in hell and despair not.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

Buddha wrote:
mortar_guy78 wrote:
Buddha wrote:Since 1997, Anheuser-Busch and the Anheuser-Busch Foundation have contributed nearly $475 million to charitable organizations, including those that support education, the environment, economic development, disaster preparedness/relief and support of those who serve our country.
I guess that they forgot to mention that AB also supports gun control. :roll:
Unless you can find a credible news source that shows this is true, I'll call it what it is: urban legend.

http://www.commondreams.org/pressreleas ... 32299a.htm

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=14664

http://gunownersresource.com/gorole/ind ... un_control
Fair enough. But their beer still sucks. :mrgreen:
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18
C co 308th MI '18-Present

Keep your mind in hell and despair not.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

mortar_guy78 wrote: their beer still sucks. :mrgreen:
You are being a little too credulous. A-B doesn't brew beer. The shlock they mass produce is better described as "carbonated novelty beverage".
When in the St Louis AO, consume only Schlafly's actual real-life lagers and ales:
http://www.schlafly.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

So if you want a "decent" Budweiser, get one in the UK. Something about the water I guess.

The original Czech version is decent as well.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Yuengling is still the oldest brewery in the country:

http://www.yuengling.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87