Rangers at BUD/S training?

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Smiddy
Ranger

Post by Smiddy »

H8 Train wrote:
I have never heard of any Rangers attending BUDS. Most of us hate SEALS it would acutally be a step down for us. It is like a Ranger going to Special Forces.
Thats fucked up, Brother!

But, seriously on the SEAL thing. There are 2 instructor slots, that are filled by NCOs from the REGT. The last rotations have been out of 1/75. Land Warfare, and Sniping.

They have a totally different mission(the SEALs), and there are a lot of good guys among them, but they're extremely cocky(sound familiar); they don't mix well with others(sort of like 2/75).
"NEVER WITHOUT HONOR"

C Co, 1/75; 92-00...HHC, 1/75; 00-02
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Read the "finishing school"........talks about\SEALs doing things the "Ranger Way".......
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

I actually know of one guy who left sniper section at C3/75, became a certain 'general's' personnel bodyguard, and after his year was up got his duty station of choice. He chose to go to BUD/S....

Another Ranger rbarger knows who I'm talking about.
Smiddy
Ranger

Post by Smiddy »

Was that about 94-95 timeframe? He ETSd and went to college first didn't he?

That General's aide at the time was a SEAL LtCmdr. He was former A/1/75 as an EM.

Does anyone know which BN provided the NCO for the Sniper instructor slot @ NSWG? The last guy(actually both guys) came from C/1/75.
"NEVER WITHOUT HONOR"

C Co, 1/75; 92-00...HHC, 1/75; 00-02
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Smiddy wrote:
H8 Train wrote:
I have never heard of any Rangers attending BUDS. Most of us hate SEALS it would acutally be a step down for us. It is like a Ranger going to Special Forces.

But, seriously on the SEAL thing. There are 2 instructor slots, that are filled by NCOs from the REGT. The last rotations have been out of 1/75. Land Warfare, and Sniping.

They have a totally different mission(the SEALs), and there are a lot of good guys among them, but they're extremely cocky(sound familiar); they don't mix well with others(sort of like 2/75).
Shit! Sorry bro... :( *punching self in nuts I apologize.[/quote]
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

The guy I'm talking about's name started with Sher**. He and his partner won the 10th SFG sniper competition several times. He made a name for himself within that circle and with some people he attended Gunsmokes with. Needless to say, we never heard from him again; maybe he just didn't like us :cry: . But then again, I never go home to visit my elementary school, either!! :wink:
Mitch
Ranger

Post by Mitch »

H8 Train wrote:
Smiddy wrote:
H8 Train wrote:

Shit! Sorry bro... :( *punching self in nuts I apologize.
[/quote]

H8, Smiddy is the one punching himself in the nutz because he is pimping an electric butterknife instead of a HIGHLY COVETED 1st Batt Scroll! I have also punched myself in the nutz for not having a 1/75 scroll on my right arm :cry:
RHQ 94-96, HHC 1/75 96-00
RS 12-95
RGR W. Beals
Ranger

Ranger swimmers

Post by RGR W. Beals »

I was unfortunate enough to have attended SF scuba school and it was a bitch of a school. I also attended the USMC scout swimmer school at San Diego.
The contact I had with the post Vietnam War SEALs did NOT impress me at ALL. They are NOT tactically or technically proficient in land born operations but are great swimmers. I do believe they are legends in their own and Hollywood’s minds.
But then what do you expect out of Boswainmates, Yeoman and Cooks :(
RGR School class 2/77. A/NCOIC RIP 2/75th
A/2/75 from 11/75 to 7/79
Ranger2

Re: Ranger swimmers

Post by Ranger2 »

RGR W. Beals wrote:I was unfortunate enough to have attended SF scuba school and it was a bitch of a school. I also attended the USMC scout swimmer school at San Diego.
The contact I had with the post Vietnam War SEALs did NOT impress me at ALL. They are NOT tactically or technically proficient in land born operations but are great swimmers. I do believe they are legends in their own and Hollywood’s minds.
The other team leader in my squad went to SF scuba school. When he got back we used to do laps in a olympic size pool under water. We used to see who could swim the furtherest underwater. He could do two laps under water. Just from his PT improvement after the school I was say it was a bitch because he sure was in good shape.

Ranger2
BadMuther
BANNED

Re: Ranger swimmers

Post by BadMuther »

RGR W. Beals wrote:I was unfortunate enough to have attended SF scuba school and it was a bitch of a school. I also attended the USMC scout swimmer school at San Diego.
Beals, and any other 2nd batters...

Do you all remember the story about the Ranger who went to Camp Pendleton and beat the shit out of like 8 Marines?

One of our guys had the news clipping in his locker.... :twisted:
RGR W. Beals
Ranger

MY MEMORY IS FADING

Post by RGR W. Beals »

No I dont remember that. But I do remember the gross out contest we had with team 1. They won hands down eating that decaying flounder that had almost turned to liquid.
RGR School class 2/77. A/NCOIC RIP 2/75th
A/2/75 from 11/75 to 7/79
brewmonkey
Embryo

Post by brewmonkey »

RangerStew wrote:Speaking of SEALs, does anyone remember this cadence:

My wife and kids all hate me,
Jane Fonda wants to rape me,
For killing the baby seals.
Just killing the baby seals.

Burn them, chop them, shoot them up,
Thats how I earn my living,
Just killing the baby seals,
Yeah, killing the baby seals.

Theres more to it than that, but I cant remember the rest.

RangerStew

Way up north where the air is cold
and you know the people ain't got no gold
so they make their living
just killing the baby seals.

Stomp and beat and roto-till 'em
any old way you want to kill 'em
that's how they make their living
just killing the baby seals.
11M2C2 1/52INF(M) Fort Irwin, CA 88-94

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”