Excused felony

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Sezzy
Egg

Excused felony

Post by Sezzy »

Hello, i am currently talking to the army recruiters, i have a felony, 2 parking tickets and 1 seat belt ticket, i know i need security clearance to become a ranger, they are doing some process with my felony. Its not a waver i just cant for the life of me remember what its called. So here's my question. With that felony can i join the rangers? Its for a 2nd degree assault when i was 13 years old sense then ive kept my nose clean (besides the parking tickets and seat belt ticket, which are paid in full) and the person it was against is sending a letter into the recruiter as an added bonus? I will be singing the papers in a week, if its not possible ill just go with the 11x and jump school and bust my ass and hope to god i can some how join the best. Thank you for your time.
goon175
Ranger

Re: Excused felony

Post by goon175 »

I would worry about even getting into the Army much less getting a security clearance with that felony on your record.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

Actually, disregard my post until you go make an introduction in the proper forum.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Sezzy wrote:I will be singing the papers
While that will be worth a visit to the recruiters to witness, you will go further if you sign the papers instead.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

2nd degree assault? That's just assault by Army standards (misdemeanor last I checked), and yes when combined with the tickets you will need a waiver. Not a FELONY WAIVER (Which goes to the CG and would be impossible given today's market) but a waiver nonetheless. I would take Ranger Goon175's advice and just look for the chance to join.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

They are considering any felony a major misconduct, and last e-mail I got regardin major misconducts was that no waivers will be granted at this time.
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

goon175 wrote:They are considering any felony a major misconduct, and last e-mail I got regardin major misconducts was that no waivers will be granted at this time.
So they have moved ASSAULT from the MIS side over to the FEL side in AR 601-210? Or are you sayign that any conduct requiring a moral waiver will not be granted?
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

Moral waivers are being granted (although they are being alot more strict about it), but in 601-210 4-4 it states
If the local law considers the offense a felony, then treat as a major misconduct.
So, even though the actual charge itself is a non-traffic offense or misconduct (depending on how big the fine was), because of the fact the charge was considered a felony by the court that puts it into major misconduct, which they are not granting waivers for right now. It could have been the same exact charge except listed as a misdemeanor, and he would have been fine.
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

goon175 wrote:Moral waivers are being granted (although they are being alot more strict about it), but in 601-210 4-4 it states
If the local law considers the offense a felony, then treat as a major misconduct.
So, even though the actual charge itself is a non-traffic offense or misconduct (depending on how big the fine was), because of the fact the charge was considered a felony by the court that puts it into major misconduct, which they are not granting waivers for right now. It could have been the same exact charge except listed as a misdemeanor, and he would have been fine.
Definately different wording from my time on numbers. Thanks for the update.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

yeah they just put out a MAJOR revision of 601-210, so things got mixed up pretty good.
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010

Return to “Recruitment Process”