Introduction

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

oklahoma_ranger
Inprocessing

Introduction

Post by oklahoma_ranger »

FNG to the site here so I'll keep it short and sweet.....

Joined the Army in 2004 and went to basic at Knox (first MOS was 19K)...... Got outta basic and was assigned to 3/69 AR at Stewart.... Wound up going on my first deployment, OIF 3, with them and when we got back, we got a temporary 1SG..... 1SG Rangel....... Anyhow, he talked me into Ranger School along with a couple buddies......

Long story short, went to school in '05, got out, and then got injured in a car accident 7 weeks after I was as signed to 1st Bn, Bravo Co.......

So, because of the car accident (tore my left knee all to shit), I was assigned to a regular infantry unit, my old unit, 3/69 in the 3rd ID, where I completed one more deployment, OIF 5, and then I was stationed at Ft. Hood where I did another deployment, OIF 6........

Always felt a little weird being the only "Tanker" in my unit with a tab or jump wings!!

Got out in September 2010, still don't really like the civilian lifestyle, and am currently talking with a recruiter about going back to active duty..... Got a clean bill of health so I should be able to hit my old Battalion pretty easy!
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by K.Ingraham »

Welcome aboard, and knock out 25 for "attention to detail" as you are not a "future soldier" - check out the "Rangers and Vets" forum. :)
Someone with a "god-gun" will likely grab your ruck and drop it over there.

Three long tours - damn - thank you for that and Welcome!
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome Ranger. It would appear you have steered your treads into a wrong lane. Admin needs to move this thread.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
oklahoma_ranger
Inprocessing

Zonk-- I was RS Class 05-06...... Helluva experience! I'd do it again tomorrow!

WOW! It is awesome to be "surrounded" by so many men I can call Brothers!

Thanks for the welcomes Brothers!!!!
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Moved....

.......Welcome!

:roll:

:D
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

oklahoma_ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome Ranger.

PM inbound.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Introduction

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
oklahoma_ranger
Inprocessing

ZoneIV wrote:Damn Tanker.......you certainly were a fast mover early in your career with Basic and 19K AIT in 2004 and RS and assignment to 1/75 in 2005 unless I'm misreading things. Back in my day I didn't run across a single 19E or 19K (and i was surrounded by them) with a Tab but times have certainly changed with Tabs being more common in the Big Army. Welcome to the site. Your service is certainly appreciated and respected here.

My bad.... I'll clarify as I don't want to mislead anyone or have a confusing sounding story (as I know there are a lot of punk ass posers out there)....
then
When I got out of OSUT at Knox, I literally spent 4 days at Ft. Stewart (basically for In Processing and CIIF) and I was shipped directly to Samarra, Iraq as a "replacement"..... And after 3 weeks in Iraq, I got sent home because of a damned IED that got me..... Well I got back to Stewart and it didn't take any time to heal up, although my unit was back by then..... That's when I met our kick ass 1SG, 1SG Rangel, and he administered my 1st "official" PT test after my IED and since being with the 3rd ID....... He talked me into putting in papers for Ranger School, etc, and, because our Battalion CO had a metaphorical hard on for Rangers (had his own tab), he pushed it right through.....

I've had a lot of folks think the same thing.... Honestly, in hindsight, I sort of wish that I had spent more time in a "regular" Army unit before attending RIP & School, mainly because I might not have had my car wreck!

**UPDATE** I talked to the nearest recruiter today about re-enlisting and making my way back to the Regiment...... He literally told me that they weren't taking new enlistments at the moment!!! What's up with that?
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

Welcome Ranger.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com and thanks for your service to our great country!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

oklahoma_ranger wrote:**UPDATE** I talked to the nearest recruiter today about re-enlisting and making my way back to the Regiment...... He literally told me that they weren't taking new enlistments at the moment!!! What's up with that?
Welcome, there are several threads on this subject. The economy has made active duty very attractive.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introduction Archive”