Shotgun Ammo

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Shotgun Ammo

Post by C-MAC »

Finally took the plunge and spent the dough on a Benelli M4 Super 90. Any suggestions on 00 ammo?

I received a few suggestions the Federal Xm127 (9 pellet) had some pretty consistent groupings. But just wanted to hear some additional thoughts.

Thanks.
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Shotgun Ammo

Post by cams »

I'm no ammo guru by any means compared to some of the serious shooters we have around here, but I can say that if you're into any specialty ammunition ie: beanbags/rubber/less lethal rounds, stay away from trusting them in a semi-auto shotgun. Not enough juice to cycle the bolt. Any 12GA less lethal rounds should be used in a pump gun only.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

I shoot this stuff:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?p ... ber=159608" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It makes lots of holes. I've recently shot a couple 2 and 3 gun matches. I use whatever the cheapest 7 1/2 shot is I can find.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

Thanks for the suggestions.

Yeah, I won't be cycling any less-lethal rounds. As fun as that sounds. And that Fiocchi looks awesome. Gonna order some.
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver

Return to “Weapons of War”